Note that browser zoom is supported only at 100%. Use of browser extensions/add-ons or the enablement of Compatibility View is not supported while using Jama Connect. To prevent session issues, the application should be used in a single browser window.
- Edge Chromium
- Google Chrome**
**We will support versions released over the past 12 months.
Supported Word Processor and Spreadsheet Programs for Exports and Reports
- Office 365 for Mac
- Office 365 for Windows
Jama Connect does not support high-availability configurations. We recommend using snapshotting via your VM or taking nightly database backups in order to manually restore the application. We do not support making changes to Replicated outside of the replicated admin console web-UI.
Required System Specifications
See this Estimate Application Server Size tool in our User Guide to determine data size thresholds and scale adjustments to your environments accordingly.
KOTS Installation Prerequisites
If you are doing a KOTS installation, please note the following installation prerequisites below regarding server and memory sizing:
- Application Server
- Minimum specifications: 8 core host machine (physical or virtual), 32GB RAM, 200GB storage
- Ports: 443, 80, 8800, 3306 (for MySQL) or 1433 (for SQL Server)
- Database Server
- Must be a separate host machine with MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server in accordance to the database server requirements
- The host machine’s VM memory settings must be reconfigured to support ElasticSearch
- Supported OS: Ubuntu 18.04.5, Ubuntu 20, Red Hat 7.7, 7.8, and 8.4
Jama Connect can be installed on any Linux distribution supported by Docker CE.
We regression-test against the following distros:
- Red Hat 7.7, 7.8, or 8.4
- Ubuntu 18.04.5 or Ubuntu 20
- CentOS 7.8
The database must be hosted on a server separate from the Jama Connect application. This server can host other databases, but we do not support other applications running on the same server as the database.
- MySQL 8*
- Microsoft SQL 2017 & 2019
- We do not support the use of the Azure database, as this is not tested.
We do not support custom configurations of Jama Connect databases. Customizations such as query optimization and additional indexes that are not shipped with Jama Connect will not be supported. We do not expect any difference in customers’ database configuration, setting, indexes, triggers and etc. from what we regression test.
*We have ended support for MySQL 5.7 in order to provide extensive performance improvements brought about by rearchitecting areas of Jama Connect.
Note: The Replicated release notes contain a mix of information targeted at end-users and developers. Please note that all features or updates described in the release notes may not be available, or may require development by Jama Software.
- For 8.74.1, we require Replicated 2.51.0 at a minimum, and officially support up to Replicated 2.53.2
- For 8.74.5 and future hotfixes, Replicated 2.54.1 and 2.55 are supported
- For 8.74.1, Docker 20.10.7 is recommended
- For 8.74.5 and future hotfixes, Docker 20.10.17 is supported
The installation script provided by Jama Software in the Release Notes and in the User Guide automatically installs the Docker version supported within that Replicated release.
If you are using Airgap and need to install Docker prior to Replicated installation, please find the supported Docker versions here. Contact Support if you have any questions.
For a list of recommend storage drivers, please see Docker's documentation. For best performance of Jama Connect, we recommend avoiding devicemapper. In the past, for customers on RHEL-based systems (RHEL, CentOS, Fedora), we supported devicemapper in loopback mode; however, with updates to Docker, our recommendations changed. If you have concerns about the default storage driver configuration, please contact Support.
TaskTop Integrations Hub
TIH versions are supported for 12 months after release.
MathType Equations Editor
Supported Versions: 220.127.116.1172 and 18.104.22.16808
- Crowd 4.4
- Auth0 (Cloud only)
See Authentication Options for Self-Hosted and Cloud Users (LDAP, AD, Crowd, SSO, SAML) for more information.