Release date AU: 2020/11/11
Release date US/EMEA: 2020/11/11
Baselines: Improved Usability, Organization, and Search
The baseline header, List View, and Reading View were redesigned for a streamlined user experience.
Updates to Baseline Permissions
- Organization and project administrators can edit the name and description of a signed baseline.
List View Now Follows the Same Pattern as Project List View
- You can now add custom fields, sort, and drag and drop.
- To display the baselined and current versions in List View or Reading View, select the gear icon, then select Current version and Version.
- Preview item now appears as a slide-out panel. From here, you can view the item version and versioned fields that were included for the item when it was baselined.
Reading View Now Follows the Same Pattern as Project Reading View
- You can now add custom fields from the gear icon.
- Preview Item now appears as a slide-out panel where you can view the item version and versioned fields that were included when it was baselined.
A Redesigned Baseline Header Provides Easier Access to Actions
- If you accessed the baseline from a link or the Explorer Tree hierarchy is collapsed, select Find me to locate the baseline in the baseline tree.
- The Home icon is replaced with View details. Select View details to access the home screen from a new in-app tab.
Additional Information About Baselines
- If a user doesn't have permission, the actions are grayed out and disabled or hidden from view.
- The baseline ID is now visible in the baseline header.
- List View and Reading View are located in the header instead of the Actions drop-down menu.
Updates to Projects List View and Reading View
- To display the item's version in List View or Reading View, select the gear icon, then select Current version.
- This release adds the ability to show or hide IDs for sources, baselines, and folders in the baseline tree. When the IDs are visible, you can search for them using the baseline search box.
- You can now see the relationships that were established at the time a baseline was taken. For example, if you relate one item to another item and the first item is baselined, you can view the corresponding data from the related item.
Expand Show related items, then select the item's link. The details are displayed in the panel that opens.
Reviews: Improved Usability, Workflow, and Design
Configure Review Comments to Appear in Your Project
Comments made during a review can now be configured to appear in the project view for that item. When enabled by the administrator, review moderators can — for each review — allow comments to be displayed for the item in that project. Comments are visible as they are made and during the review, and remain after the review is closed.
This option needs to be enabled in two places for it to take effect. The administrator must enable it in the Review Center Settings and moderators must enable it when they create a review.
Enhanced Text Highlighting in Reviews
Scanning comments in reviews is now easier, thanks to new colors representing the comment's state. Yellow = open; green = resolved; and red = rejected. When you select a highlighted comment, the remaining highlighted comments temporarily change to gray, so you can focus on the selected comment.
Managing Access to the Equation Editor
- Organization administrators can assign individual users access to the WIRIS MathType Editor.
Note: Access to the equation editor is optional. Contact your Jama Software account manager if you are interested in licensing this capability.
New Options for Custom Reports
An upgraded Velocity exporter allows report writers to upload HTML templates with full Velocity script support, including header and footer customization, and control of page size, margin, style, and layout.
Important: For Velocity reports in PDF format to appear correctly, changes must be made to your custom PDF reports. For more information, see the community guide on custom velocity PDF exports or contact your consultant.
Administration: Usability Improvements and Enhanced Auditing Capabilities
This release introduces usability improvements and enhanced auditing capabilities for Jama Connect administrators.
Simplified Project Administrator Access
We reduced clutter and streamlined the Project menu, which no longer includes the following options:
- Add Project
- Configure Project
- Manage All Projects
All admins — project and organization — now use Admin in the header to access administrator tasks. Select Admin to access the Project tab.
Organization Admin Activity stream
Organization administrators now have the ability to monitor user updates and process details. Activities are created for changes to item types, pick lists, users, permissions, and more.
Events that appear in the stream are based on activity from the Organization tab. We plan to add support for project activities in the future.
As organization administrator, click the Activity stream button on the right side of the content header to view the new activity stream.
New Search Feature
Need to find something quickly? Search for activities by entering the search term, like the name of a pick list or the user who performed the action.
TFS and Jira Connectors Have Been Removed from Admin
The TFS and Jira connectors, which were previously announced as coming to end of life in April 2019, have now been removed from the Admin section.
Jama Software has increased security for our Cloud customers. To protect users, we now offer virus scanning when you upload attachments.
Updates from Customer Feedback
- From the Organization Details page, administrators can generate equation images as PNG or SVG files using the WIRIS MathType editor.
- In List View, you can now include the number of attachments and links in the items table.
- The Actions menu now includes the option to View all locked items.
- When editing items, the Save & done button is now highlighted in blue as the primary action.
- You can now sort from the Tags column in List View.
- You can now adjust the line height in List View, enabling word wrap. The page might take a few seconds to load when multiple columns are being re-aligned to wrap the text.
- Add fields to the Test Run item type to have access to them when executing a Test Run. This does not include non-versioning fields like calculations and rollup fields, or user lookup fields.
Example: Add a test field to capture the serial number for a product being tested.
- In @mention suggested names are now limited to the users within the project.
- In List View, you can now add a Test Run Results column to Test Cases. The column displays the status of all Test Runs that are downstream.
- In Single Item View, you can now generate a Trace View from View > Trace View.
- Admin Activity stream now includes the ability to refresh and resize.
- Out-of-the-box Excel exports, accessed from the Export menu, now support tags as an exportable field.
- The ability to include the item path as a field on items is now visible in List View and Reading View.
- Test Run results field is now displayed in Reviews and Reading View.
- Administrators managing reports now have the ability to limit access to run custom reports by user group.
- The ability to batch lock and unlock items is now available in the Batch update window in List View or Reading View.
- When hovering on a date field, the time and UTC offset are now visible.