- Login as the "root" user and go to the backup tab, download an XML backup file. If you are migrating from a contourhosted server, Jama will send you a .jama file.
- Create an empty database on MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle named "contour" The command for doing this on MySQL: create database contour character set utf8;
- Start a new install of Contour using our latest version and installation guide. When installing, use "For all other configurations"; do not use the Windows evaluation or any default data buttons.
- When prompted: Be sure to point your install to your new, empty database.
- When prompted to "populate database" on the install, instead of using the "use default data" option: point your instance to the XML or JAMA file you downloaded, this will populate your database.
- Continue to follow the prompts; if you receive an error during the process please copy the message and forward it to email@example.com
(Originally posted by Ryan Saul)