Who is this for?
Jama Administrators who would like to set up default Project List View with Mixed Item Type settings for New Jama Users.
What is Project List View with Mixed Item Types?
This is the View users see when they click on List View with more than one item type. For instance, the View seen when selecting a Component from the Explorer tree or a Custom Filter.
What is the Core Item Type?
This item type is used to map default fields across “Core” fields, that we can show across item types. You access these settings in the Organization Admin view.
What do Core Item settings for Project List View with Mixed Item Types do?
Think of this as factory defaults settings. This is the initial Project List View a new user experiences when they first login to their Jama Instance and before they have personalized their Project List View by using the Gear icon.
How to Configure default Project List View with Mixed Item Type settings
- Login as a Jama Administrator
- Go to Admin > Item Types > Core > Project List View with Mixed Item Types
- Add, Remove and Order the fields from Visible Fields however you wish
- To see the View the Settings in action, create a new user and login to the new Jama account
- Go to a Project and click on any View that would include Mixed Item Types, such as a Component with multiple item types
- Note that the columns displayed will be what you selected in the Core Item Type > Project List View with Mixed Item Types
- Note: Once a user configures their List View Fields with the Gear, that personalization overrides Admin > Item Types > Core > View settings for that user