Data Exchange 2.4.0
Release Date: June 12, 2019
- Stabilized Unique Identifiers
when exporting from a jama instance the ReqIF Identifiers will now be populated from a seeded generation. Previously these values were randomly generated.
- Fixed issues with exporting html rich text content into reqif xhtml. Restricted attributes on tags, and blacklisted a few tags as well.
- Fixed an issue that failed to post a text item when a name for the item could not be determined due to missing or blank field data. A name field is now auto generated and can be manually updated at a later time.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a component to be created on import instead of a set.
- Fixed an issue that would not export the correct ReqIF file identifier.
- DX will not be able to import a hierarchy that does not contain a child item type (e.g. a set of just text items). In order to post set or folders up to the API the child item type information is required.
Data Exchange 2.3.0
Release Date: April 26, 2019
- Included ReqIF LONG-NAME to the mapping GUI
Adding this will allow the user to much more efficiently generate a mapping file from a source ReqIF file. Please note that this LONG-NAME attribute is not required in ReqIF.
- Resolved an issue with the hierarchy converter.
- Patch for NPE when pick list contained an empty values element.
- Fix for ReqIF Tool Extensions with empty body.
- Fixed attribute override settings, and cleaned up code.
- Changed export behavior to use a new unique identifier on each export rather than reuse the identifier from previous imports. This new behavior is consistent with the recommendations set forth by the ReqIF implementor's forum.
- During import if you are importing a set that only has folders and texts then that set will fail to import. The set being imported must have at least one item of that sets type.
Data Exchange 2.2.0
Release Date: March 11, 2019
- Export from a baseline, filter, or location
You can now export from a baseline, filter or from a specific location in the hierarchy. Baseline and filters can potentially have invalid hierarchies; if this is the case, then the items (spec-objects) exported from this will be exported flat without any specifications. Previously exporting from location you only had the option to select from components. Now you can select any component, set, or folder to export content from.
- Settings Menu
All of the application settings have been consolidated into a single menu. Which can be accessed by selecting “File” > “Settings”. This will open up a dialog window where you adjust the application settings.
- Refresh Data
There is now a menu option to refresh the instance metadata. Which can be accessed by selecting “File” > “Refresh Data From Jama Connect”. Please note that selection this will clear all of the export/import selections that have been inputted.
- Include Export Selection as Root Specification
You can now select if you want to export the selected export container (component, set, or folder) as a single specification. Previously the behavior is that you select a component, and all the first level children of that component are then used to create the specifications of the ReqIF. This new feature allows you to include the selected container with your export. You can select this feature within the settings menu. Also please note that this new feature is defaulted to be true, so if you would like to maintain the legacy behavior for export then go into the settings menu and unselect the checkbox “Include Export Selection as Root Specification”.
- Reverse Relationship Direction
Data Exchange will now import and export relationships with the upstream item in Jama as the Source or Target item in ReqIF. This allows for more flexibility when moving to and from systems which may not create links with directionality in mind.
- SVG to PNG Conversion
SVG images are an unsupported object type within ReqIF files. However in order to support the SVG files that already exist in Jama Connect instances these files will be converted into a png preview image.
- Spec object attributes long-name was previously not respecting the mapping. This is now resolved and the attribute’s long name now uses the mapping file.
- Rich text is now more robust. There were several html tags that were being converted into xhtml within the exported ReqIF file that are not compliant with ReqIF standard.
- Logging improvements: some error and warning logs were not reporting correctly. This is now corrected and has more accurate and useful messages.
- Exporting Specifications with a limited field mapping was previously not respecting the mapping file. This now resolved.
- When exporting from baseline you will not be able to select baselines created from a release. This is something that will be enabled in a future update.
Data Exchange 2.1.2
Release Date: January 16, 2018
- CSV export can now accept a list of item types.
- Fix for limited mapping of specifications
- Fix to allow explicit exporting of fields not contained in the project zip contents.
- Fix for richtext tags: em, ol, ect
- Fixed a defect causing missing items during CSV export
- Fixed a defect that caused incorrect values to be reported during validation.
- Fixed a defect in the mapping generator that caused mapping generation failure for attribute definitions that contained a default value.
- Added an alert to notify users when mapping generation fails. Previously there was no feedback.
- Added an alert on login failure.
Data Exchange 2.1.1
Release Date: December 21, 2018
- Improved rich text handling of table and object tags
- J2J will now use a random UUID to populate ReqIF IDENTIFIER attributes if no value is present in the Unique ID field. previously the Identifier was populated with the Jama item api ID. This can cause conflicts when moving between two jama instances.
- Resolved an issue that caused ReqIF attribute value definition elements to have duplicate identifiers when an item type is exported as both a specification and a spec object.
- Resolved a defect in the mapping generator that caused a NPE if the source ReqIF file contained datatype definitions with default values specified.
- Added error handling to the mapping generator. Now the user will be notified if something goes wrong during mapping generation.
- Resolved a defect that caused items to fail to post if the description field was null.
- performing multiple J2J import/export cycles may result in an invalid relationship map that causes a NPE during export.
- fields added to an item type in jama after an import cannot be exported with a mapping.
Data Exchange 2.1.0
Release Date: December 5, 2018
- ReqIF Import Validations: there is now two new ways to validate your import before actually running the import. There is a pre-flight validation that is automatically run when you select a source ReqIF file to be imported. This pre-flight report will run quickly and give you basic information on your ReqIF source content. In addition to this there is now a validation button added to the import view. This main validation will validate the source ReqIF file and a mapping file. This validation report will determine if the mapping is correct and will ensure that the ReqIF identifier are present in the source content and also will look into Jama Connect to see if all the item types, item type fields and relationship types exist.
- Performance: Get actions on the API are now completed asynchronously.
- XHTML fields will be exported correctly without body tags, or escaped HTML entities.
- Clicking login with no password entered in the password field will prevent any future clicks of the import button. To log in once this has happened, close and reopen the Data Exchange.
- Complex Jama 2 Jama Hierarchies produce invalid ReqIF files. This is because Identifiers are duplicated between when a set or component is captured as both a SPECIFICATION and a SPEC-OBJECT
Data Exchange 2.0.6
Release Date: November 16, 2018
- Resolved an issue causing dropped items when certain special characters were encountered.
- html elements with style attributes may not parse correctly, fields will still be posted, but styling may be lost.
Data Exchange 2.0.5
Release Date: October 8 2018
- Added the property "defaultUniqueFieldName" to the jama.properties file.
- xhtml object tags will no longer self close.
- Jama to Jama will now support more complex hierarchies for import and export.
- Improved support for ReqIF files that are missing line breaks.
- Self Signed SSL certificates are not supported currently.
Data Exchange 2.0.4
Release Date: September 14 2018
- Added interface for user to define global settings. This includes a new default unique id used for round trips. Also moved settings from the settings menu dropdown into this new global setting form.
- Resolved null pointer exception with parsing html documents.
- Resolved issues which skipped items on Jama to Jama import.
- XHTML documents that use style tag with a font-family list may not parse correctly. IF the tool is unable to parse this then this item is skipped.
Data Exchange 2.0.3
Release Date: August 30 2018
- Resolved an issue that was truncating strings over 255 characters if they were being mapped to a rich-text field.
- Relationship groups are now exported.
- Updated error handling messages to be more informative.
- Please close and re-open the Data Exchange between each import or export. There is a known defect that can sometimes cause memory to not be cleared between runs, which can cause mapping issues.
Data Exchange 2.0.2
Release Date: August 27 2018
- Minor performance optimizations
- Limited mapping now works on export as expected.
- Resolved issue with un-populated/absent 'LAST-CHANGE' ReqIF field.
- Fixed project selection duplicate issue.
- Exported images now have a valid closing tag.
- Resolved an issue that was truncating strings over 255 characters.
- Added support for XMLNS headers.
- Relationship Groups may not be exported.
Data Exchange 2.0.1
Release Date: August 2 2018
- Mapping UI provides a cleaner and more intuitive interface for creating and modifying mapping files for both import and export.
- NULL pointer exception introduced in 1.5.3 that would occur while processing html strings.
- Licensing issue resolved, new license required for use of Data Exchange 2.0+.
- Relationships that originated in Jama are now correctly exported.
Known Issues & Limitations
- Limited export mappings export all Jama item type fields to the ReqIF SPEC-OBJECT-TYPE, but only the fields in the mapping file should be exported.
- Back button on batch import/export screen navigates to the single import/export screen.
- The mapping UI uses ReqIF identifiers instead of name to create mappings. The workaround is to search for identifier in ReqIF file to get context for what's being mapped.
- The mapping UI allows you to map incompatible field types e.g. string to integer. This will interrupt execution, requiring the user to correctly map ReqIF data types to supported Jama data types
Data Exchange 1.5.3
Release Date: May 08 2018
- Moved the changed deleted functionality (see 1.5.2) to now be configured with the mapping.json file, instead of the jama.properies file.
Data Exchange 1.5.2
Release Date: May 05 2018
- Added functionality for identifying items are changed or deleted.This feature will switch the status of a specified picklist within the item and change the picklist option to reflect if the item has been deleted or changed. This can be specified within the jama.properties, and currently is only supported when run through the command line.
Data Exchange 1.5.1
Release Date: May 01 2018
- Fixed issue with ReqIF spec object validations not being valid on export
- Fixed minor bug with logs not being reported correctly
- Removed duplicate logs
- Fixed UI for the export delivery note
Data Exchange 1.5.0
Release Date: April 25 2018
- Fixed issue with object type being null
- Resolved issue with empty intermediate folders for export
Data Exchange 1.4.8 - 1.4.9
Release Date: April 16 2018
- Fixed date time truncation issue
- Fixed issue with folder structure for batch imports
Data Exchange 1.4.2-1.4.7
Release Date: April 10 2018
- Added functionality for allowing limited mappings, this feature is used for round trips with the data exchange. When exporting and importing from Jama you can remove fields from the original mapping file to import/export a limited number of fields.
Data Exchange 1.4.1
Release Date: March 09 2018
- Attachments with matching filenames are inspected. If the contents of the files differ, a new attachment will be created and the new file is uploaded to replace the existing attachment
- ReqIFz packaging no longer includes individual folders for each export, but rather a flat list of exported ReqIF files and associated attachment directories
Data Exchange 1.4
Release Date: March 07 2018
You can now:
- Attribute level selection of SPEC-OBJECT legacy IDs
- Attribute level selection of SPECIFICATION legacy IDs
Data Exchange 1.3
Release Date: February 11 2018
You can now:
- Operate the Data Exchange from the command line using a properties file
- Batch import/export setting available through the user interface
- Batch support also available for command line execution
- Component to export converted from text field to dropdown list
- Data Exchange can now connect to Jama instances that use HTTP and HTTPS protocols
- Delivery note setting available through the user interface
- Delivery note support also available for command line execution
- ReqIFz packaging setting available through the user interface
- ReqIFz packaging support also available for command line execution
- For license file auto-detection, license files must now be placed within a directory titled Util in the directory the application jar is located in
- Last login credentials and setting configuration will now be saved to a local file titled settings.json within the Util directory
- The selected project is no longer cleared when switching between import and export tabs
- Failed login no longer requires a reboot of the application
Data Exchange 1.2
Release Date: December 11 2017
You can now:
- Operate the tool using a valid Data Exchange license. Please contact your Jama Software account manager for more information on obtaining a Data Exchange license
- Import and/or export ReqIF content with certain fields by limiting the fields associated with a particular SPEC-OBJECT or SPECIFICATION type in your mapping configuration file
During a round trip import/export, users are unable to restrict fields through their mapping configurations.
Invalid XHTML tags appearing in ReqIF exports from Jama.
Data Exchange 1.1.5-2
Release Date: December 05 2017
You can now:
- Login to the Data Exchange using your OAuth 2.0 credentials
During a round trip import/export, users are unable to restrict exported fields through their mapping configurations.