If you've done any Admin work in Jama, it's likely that you are familiar with creating and configuring new item types and their fields. This article will cover the definitions of the Item Type Field settings. For more information regarding best practices for creating and configuring a new item type, see here
- Order: The numerical order in which the fields of the item will appear. This order can be changed by highlighting a field and selecting the green up or down arrows. Moving a field up or down is near immediate, but will take a moment for Jama to complete the reorder.
- Label: Also known as the Field Label when you are creating or editing the field type, is the name for the field that users will see in Jama. This can be edited at any time.
- Field: Also known as the Unique Field Name when you are creating or editing the field type, is the name your database will use.
- Field Type: This will tell you what kind of field it is.
- Please note: this field will not tell you whether you are using a predefined or custom field.
- Control: This an additional setting for Field Type, as it will offer further details on whatever the Field Type may be.
- At this time, it is only used to distinguish the type of Text Box the field is; Text Boxes in Jama can either be a Rich Text or a Text Box, which accepts only Plain Text.
- Pick List: If your Field Type is a pick list, this column will tell you which pick list this particular field is using.
- Read Only: Checking this column will make the users unable to edit the field within Jama.
- Required: These fields must be filled out upon creation of a new item of this type.
- If a field was checked as "Required" after it was initially created, the next time an item of that type is edited, that field will need to be filled out before it can be saved and closed.
- Suspect: If this is selected for a field, editing it will trigger a suspect link for any downstream related items.
- Sync: This is not related to any integrations within Jama, but rather the Reuse and Sync feature.
- When "Sync" is checked, Jama will use this field to see if an item is in sync or not.
- Similar to the "Suspect" field, a user editing this field in an item will trigger all synced items to become out of sync.
- API-ID: The ID most commonly used in advanced report creation. For more information on advanced reporting in Jama, please see here.