Document Changelog -
01/08/2019 EDIT - Applied new information to Hub versions and availability estimates -JBrown
Earlier in 2018 Atlassian announced modifications to how user data is shared, in effort to follow GDPR. An end date (March 29th, 2019) has been announced, indicating that deprecating user data fields will be completely removed from Jira Cloud API responses. Provided below is a snippet of the official announcement from Atlassian followed by an external link to the complete announcement:
- “By 29 March 2019, we will remove personal data from the API that is used to identify users, such as username and userKey, and instead use the Atlassian account ID (accountId). Additionally, will be restricting the visibility of other personal data, such as email, in conjunction with a user’s profile privacy settings, or in the case of managed account, the visibility settings decided by the site administrator.”
- Orgs who have access to the Legacy Connector but DO NOT use it should reach out to your Account Manager and let us know.
- Waiting until the Hub services release the GDPR versions to begin conversations is not recommended as this will put strain on your timeline.
- On-Premises (self-hosted) Jira users should not ignore this messaging as future Jira updates locally will be impacted and the Legacy connector will be out of support.
The Opshub team advises the service version supporting the Atlassian AccountID will be completed in Late January.
- Once the onPrem version is released, Opshub will announce the timing for Cloud instance redeployment.
- Redeploy is expected to be Mainly Automated with minimal to Zero manual effort to accommodate the change.
- OIM Version number V7.11 and availability late January (confirmation TBD).
- Watch this space for information about version availability and needed changes at the time of version redeployment.
- All users of the Tasktop Integration Hub (TIH) will need to migrate to TIH version 19.1 or the latest revision of current versions. Full range of support Versions TBD.
- All users of the Jama Integration Hub/Tasktop Sync (JIH) will need to migrate to JIH Current versions (full range of support versions TBD) to carry GDPR AccountID support.