Release Date: 2023/06/20
Introducing Document View
Jama Connect has added a new streamlined authoring and editing experience called Document View. You can write, read, and edit items all in one view — without losing your place in the overall document and context of related content.
Key features of Document View include:
- One View
- Read and write content in a simplified format.
- Inline Editing
- Double-click on an item to open quick edit mode, where you can update a subset of fields in a condensed form.
- Switch to full edit mode to work with all available fields.
- Insert Items
- Add new items exactly where you want without losing your place in the document.
Document View Comments Panel
You can now view comments and items at the same time, interacting with both as needed.
From the Comments panel, you can:
- Read and reply to existing comments
- Add, like, mute and filter comments
- @mention a person or group
Document View - Additional Improvements
- Quick Edit mode now opens when you double-click on an item.
- When you click in the white space to the right of the content, the item is selected or deselected.
- When you hover over an item and Quick Mode isn't activated, editable user fields include a gray background.
- In Quick Edit mode, only fields that are displayed are required fields with an empty value.
- Required fields with a value are hidden unless you configure them to be displayed.
- From Admin > Organization > Details, you can disable or enable Document View.
- You might disable it if your organization prefers to more tightly manage the transition from Reading View.
- In Document View, Quick/Full Edit forms hide required fields that are already populated and show only required fields that are blank if those fields are not configured to be shown in the current view.
Document View — Future Enhancements
Document View will continue to evolve in future releases with the addition of new features and capabilities; the slide-out panel will include additional widgets and actions, including related items, connected users, activities, versions, and more.
Additional features under consideration for the longer-term roadmap:
- New content alert and refresh for collaborating with colleagues on content development.
- Breadcrumb and jump-to navigation to quickly access specific content.
- Nested tables for components or folders.
- Advanced field configuration for mixed item types and hiding fields.
- Extending Document View design and usability to other areas of Jama Connect, including Reviewing Center.
Introducing Multiple Project Dashboards
With this release, you can now expand dashboard organization and categorize data with individually named project dashboards. Project and organization admins can create, edit, or delete a dashboard. Users with read/write permissions can view dashboards created by their admins. Work with your admin to create a dashboard with the widgets that best support your team's needs.