If you have determined that you need to perform a full re-index, the steps below outline the proper process.
1. Notify users prior to the re-index.
- As of Standard 8.1 and Express 8.2, Jama will go into a maintenance mode during a full re-index. Users will not be able to log in to Jama during this time. Users who are already logged in will receive a pop-up message informing them of the maintenance. Be sure to notify users prior to initiating a re-index.
- In Jama versions 2015.1 - 2015.5, a proxy is required to block users' access. Jama cannot be restarted before indexing "Events" is complete. For more information, see this article on our community.
- For Jama Version Express 8.0.2+, we highly recommend using a proxy server to block users' access during a full re-index. For more information on using a proxy, see the help guide.
2. Disable all integrations (such as JIRA, TFS, or the Jama Integration Hub). DWR, SOAP and REST API calls will be automatically blocked during the re-index.
3. Log in to the System Administration Root menu.
4. Click on the Index/Search tab.
5. Click on the Index Items button.
6. After the index is completed, re-enable integrations. If you used a proxy, you can disable it now.