When users export documents from Jama, particular settings will affect how images are displayed. The behavior will depend on how the images are stored and how you are exporting them. Exporting to Word you might run into some issues, like red X or blank spaces instead of your images. Note that this behavior changed with the 2016/03/19 hosted release and Jama 8.0.2 on-premises release.
- The image is embedded into the rich text as a base64 encoded image. The base64 embedded image is an encoded string of characters that will be interpreted by your browser as an image. Prior to Jama 8.0.2, images that were copy-and-pasted into the rich text editor were embedded using base64 rather than stored on the server as an attachment.
- The link from your image is pointing to another server instead of the Jama server. You can check your image link by inspecting the source of the rich text.
If you use a Velocity report to export your images:
- Items with images that are on a report generated by Velocity to HTML might not work if you do not have access to the internal server on which the item is stored. If this is the case, you will see a red X rather than the image in HTML. You will need to be logged into Jama to view the images. The report can be run to Word and saved as an HTML file from there and images will be visible.
- Any user who downloads or receives a report generated to Word will see all images since they are directly embedded. If you are an organization that had turned off image security in the past, you will now see broken images in previously-generated reports. This means you will need to regenerate the report.
- Users will need to take an extra step if they generate a Velocity report (including the built-in All Items report) and attempt to upload the report to Jama as an attachment. The report will first need to be saved as a Word document before being uploaded.
As long as you avoid the problem situations described above, your images should be included in your export looking exactly the same as they do in Jama.#OfficeTemplates #BIRT