Revert possibility to set test run status for all step via the last check button

Vladimir Cech
edited February 2020 in

Hello this is a comment from our users:

With the recent changes to the presentation of Contour test run execution, Is it possible to revert to the old operation of selecting the last check button, which automatically fills the entire table ?

For example,  if  I check  the Pass  Check icon,   Contour automatically fills the previous steps with the Pass check icon.

Thank you

Vlada

Comments

• Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited February 2020
    Thanks Vlada:

We are currently researching in the Test Center area of Jama, I would like to invite you to do this Test Center Interest survey. 

Best,
  • Vladimir Cech
    edited February 2020

Hello Chloe,

Filled in. Nevertheless, I'm not sure how the survey is related to the required change (revert).

Vlada
  • Vladimir Cech
    edited March 2020
    When can we expect that the functionality is back?
    Vlada
  • Christian Binard
    edited March 2020
    Hi Vlada,

I'm not running v8.48 but according to the release note: "You can now select multiple steps when executing a Test Run. "
    So I guess that you can workaround the loss of autocomplete by first selecting all steps; let us know.

FYI, other users are delighted with the auto-fill disabling (see https://community.jamasoftware.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=529a7003-ec08-43f0-9eda-22cb6f19c441&CommunityKey=c9d20d4c-5bb6-4f19-92eb-e7cee0942d51&tab=digestviewer#bm529a7003-ec08-43f0-9eda-22cb6f19c441)
    Still, I do agree that this behavior could have been subject to customization.
    See my post, number 9: "... My proposal is then to add an option in the Test Case configuration to enabling/disabling the step auto fill. It would also be great to be able to customize the Step field name and related table headers."
  • Vladimir Cech
    edited March 2020
    Hello Christian & Thank you for your message.

Yes, I'm waiting for deployment of 8.48 later today to check if it this feature can be a workaround.

Nevertheless, I haven't read in release notes about change in the functionality. Also. I'm surprised that Jama hasn't commented this post.

Of course I agree with configuration option for this functionality and understand that it can be a problem for some users. For us it was a benefit.

Have a nice day & Take care
    Vlada
  • Ashley Ernst
    edited November 2023

Vlada, thank you for your feedback. You may have seen that from 9.5 forward, Organization Administrators have the ability to configure how the system will behave when users skip test steps and don't assign them a status:

• Assign "Passed" to all skipped steps

• Do not assign status to any skipped steps

• Allow tester to select status for skipped step (i.e. ignore, pass, fail)

------------------------------
    Ashley Ernst
    CA
    -------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 03-13-2020 03:56
    Subject: Revert possibility to set test run status for all step via the last check button

Yes, I'm waiting for deployment of 8.48 later today to check if it this feature can be a workaround.

Nevertheless, I haven't read in release notes about change in the functionality. Also. I'm surprised that Jama hasn't commented this post.

Of course I agree with configuration option for this functionality and understand that it can be a problem for some users. For us it was a benefit.

Vlada

Original Message:
    Sent: 03-13-2020 06:16
    Subject: Revert possibility to set test run status for all step via the last check button

Hi Vlada,

I'm not running v8.48 but according to the release note: "You can now select multiple steps when executing a Test Run. "
    So I guess that you can workaround the loss of autocomplete by first selecting all steps; let us know.

FYI, other users are delighted with the auto-fill disabling (see https://community.jamasoftware.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=529a7003-ec08-43f0-9eda-22cb6f19c441&CommunityKey=c9d20d4c-5bb6-4f19-92eb-e7cee0942d51&tab=digestviewer#bm529a7003-ec08-43f0-9eda-22cb6f19c441)
    See my post, number 9: "... My proposal is then to add an option in the Test Case configuration to enabling/disabling the step auto fill. It would also be great to be able to customize the Step field name and related table headers."

Christian Binard
    ON semiconductor
    Belgium

Original Message:
    Sent: 03-12-2020 05:32

Vlada

Original Message:
    Sent: 02-21-2020 01:47

Hello Chloe,

Filled in. Nevertheless, I'm not sure how the survey is related to the required change (revert).

Vlada

Original Message:
    Sent: 02-20-2020 09:46

Thanks Vlada:

We are currently researching in the Test Center area of Jama, I would like to invite you to do this Test Center Interest survey.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:
    Sent: 02-20-2020 09:25

With the recent changes to the presentation of Contour test run execution, Is it possible to revert to the old operation of selecting the last check button, which automatically fills the entire table ?

For example,  if  I check  the Pass  Check icon,   Contour automatically fills the previous steps with the Pass check icon.

Thank you

Vlada
    Ashley Ernst
    [Pronouns]
    Product Manager
    Jama Software
  • Ashley Ernst
    edited November 2023

Instructions:

1. Navigate to Admin > Organization Admin > Item types
    2. Select the Test Run item type in the left panel
    3. Select the Status field in the right panel and click the pencil icon to edit
    4. From the popup window, select the desired default behavior for completing steps out of order 
    5. Click save
    Ashley Ernst
    CA
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 12:03

Vlada, thank you for your feedback. You may have seen that from 9.5 forward, Organization Administrators have the ability to configure how the system will behave when users skip test steps and don't assign them a status:

Ashley Ernst
    CA

Original Message:

Vlada

Original Message:

Hi Vlada,

Christian Binard
    ON semiconductor
    Belgium

Original Message:

Vlada

Original Message:

Hello Chloe,

Vlada

Original Message:

Thanks Vlada:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Thank you

Vlada
    Ashley Ernst
    [Pronouns]
    Product Manager
    Jama Software
  • Vladimir Cech
    edited December 2023

Hello Ashley,

Please be so kind and show me when the Status field for the Test Run is presented. See the attached picture. I cannot see the Status for the Test Run there.

And by the way. The come with the solution more than 3 years after the issue was introduced by Jama is 21 century customer oriented approach. Happy that we are decommissioning Jama.

Thank you

Vlada

Vlada
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-30-2023 12:24

Instructions:

4. From the popup window, select the desired default behavior for completing steps out of order 
    5. Click save
    Ashley Ernst
    CA

Original Message:

Ashley Ernst
    CA

Original Message:

Vlada

Original Message:

Hi Vlada,

Christian Binard
    ON semiconductor
    Belgium

Original Message:

Vlada

Original Message:

Hello Chloe,

Vlada

Original Message:

Thanks Vlada:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Thank you

Vlada
    Vlada
  • Jeremy Johnson
    edited December 2023

Hello Vlada,

It appears 'Status' has been renamed to 'Verdict' in your configuration. You can look for "testRunStatus" in the Unique Field Name column and click the pencil icon when that row is selected.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. 

Jeremy Johnson
    Jama Software
    Original Message:
    Sent: 12-03-2023 22:21

Hello Ashley,

Please be so kind and show me when the Status field for the Test Run is presented. See the attached picture. I cannot see the Status for the Test Run there.

And by the way. The come with the solution more than 3 years after the issue was introduced by Jama is 21 century customer oriented approach. Happy that we are decommissioning Jama.

Thank you

Vlada

Vlada

Original Message:

Instructions:

5. Click save
    Ashley Ernst
    CA

Original Message:

Ashley Ernst
    CA

Original Message:

Vlada

Original Message:

Hi Vlada,

Christian Binard
    ON semiconductor
    Belgium

Original Message:

Vlada

Original Message:

Hello Chloe,

Vlada

Original Message:

Thanks Vlada:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Thank you

Vlada
  • Vladimir Cech
    edited December 2023

Thank you Jeremy.

It works.

Vlada
    Original Message:
    Sent: 12-05-2023 12:42

Hello Vlada,

It appears 'Status' has been renamed to 'Verdict' in your configuration. You can look for "testRunStatus" in the Unique Field Name column and click the pencil icon when that row is selected.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. 

Jeremy Johnson
    Jama Software

Original Message:
    Sent: 12-03-2023 22:21

Hello Ashley,

Thank you

Vlada

Vlada

Original Message:

Instructions:

5. Click save
    Ashley Ernst
    CA

Original Message:

Ashley Ernst
    CA

Original Message:

Vlada

Original Message:

Hi Vlada,

Christian Binard
    ON semiconductor
    Belgium

Original Message:

Vlada

Original Message:

Hello Chloe,

Vlada

Original Message:

Thanks Vlada:

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Original Message:

Thank you

Vlada
    Vlada