Risk Analysis deletion

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1
edited August 2019 in
Hi,

I ran into a problem recently where I was using the Risk tab in Jama to create an Analyses and I wanted to delete a row. However, I mistook the Actions -> Delete for the row delete option. And I ended up deleting the whole analysis. I admit that I should have been more cautious, but I'd also like to suggest that some change should be made since Add Row and Action option drop downs are so similar looking. 

Thanks,
Maryam

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Product Team Posts: 375
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Maryam:

I will alert the Product team to this use case and coordinating suggestion. Thank you for posting this here! I am going to move this thread to the Product Ideas community to get it more visibility. 

Best,
  • Joel Hutchinson
    Joel Hutchinson Jama Staff, Data Exchange, Medical Devices & Life Sciences Solution, Jama Connect Interchange™ (JCI), Jama Validation Kit (JVK) + Functional Safety Kit (FSK) Posts: 10
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hey Maryam,

Thanks for bringing this up, and apologies that you had to experience deleting a risk analysis to find that out. We've got some work lined up to change the wording for the dropdowns to be more descriptive in the future.

I'm curious - when you selected Delete from the Actions dropdown, did you get a Delete analysis confirmation window? Here's what that would look like:

imageThe reason I ask is that right now we place focus on the Delete button and if you were tabbing on the keyboard you could quickly confirm the deletion without giving it much thought. I'm wondering if that's what happened here.

Thanks,

Joel Hutchinson

Jama Software