Trash can/visibility into deleted items

Jonah Caplan
edited November 2019 in
The current method of parsing the activity stream to restore items is pretty difficult to use. Also, not all items have a restore option. For instance, test cycles/test runs do not have a restore option. 

It would be nice if project admins had access to a trash area where all deleted items are visible. When I contacted support to try to restore a test cycle, I was given some sql queries to run on the production database. This is definitely not something customers should ever have to do.

The first issue is that restoring deleted items is a very important capability that is basically unsupported because messing with our production database for our requirements management system is not an acceptable workflow. The second issue is that test plans, test groups, test cycles, and test reports aren't treated like "real" items. Why can't you select them for a baseline or restore them? If there was a "trash" area, would these item types be inexplicably left out again?
Jonah Caplan
QNX

Comments

• Sven Schmidberger
    edited November 2019
    +100

We need this as well!

-
    Sven Schmidberger

------Original Message------

The current method of parsing the activity stream to restore items is pretty difficult to use. Also, not all items have a restore option. For instance, test cycles/test runs do not have a restore option. 

It would be nice if project admins had access to a trash area where all deleted items are visible. When I contacted support to try to restore a test cycle, I was given some sql queries to run on the production database. This is definitely not something customers should ever have to do.

The first issue is that restoring deleted items is a very important capability that is basically unsupported because messing with our production database for our requirements management system is not an acceptable workflow. The second issue is that test plans, test groups, test cycles, and test reports aren't treated like "real" items. Why can't you select them for a baseline or restore them? If there was a "trash" area, would these item types be inexplicably left out again?