For Coverage Explore: Add multi-select function for "Select a downstream item type"

Yuheng He
edited July 2016 in
Normally a requirement have relationship with different items which have different item types. E.g. in our project a Product Req. is related to several Market Reqs. and Test Cases. IF the Coverage explore can offer multi-select function for choosing downstream item types, it would be very nice!!

Comments

• Knowledge Base
    edited June 2016
    If you leave the item type blank it would pull in all downstream related items
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    That's a good point, Tony. Yuheng, are you looking to only have multiple specific downstream item types show, not all item types? 
  • Yuheng He
    edited December 2015
    Hi Kristina, 

yes, I want to have an opportunity to choose the item type which are demanded.
    If we leave the item type blank, ALL the related items will be shown. But some times only the wanted related item types should be shown. The redundant information is not needed. 
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Got it. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Fridtjof Berlin
    edited December 2015

I think Yuhengs idea is very good, and I have another related request. Currently, when leaving the item type blank, the downstream items shown in the coverage view will not display all fields in the item types. Only the common fields defined by Jama are shown, not our own specified fields. In our projects, this leaves important information out.

If/when selecting multiple specific downstream items becomes available, I would request that all the fields of the item types are shown in the coverage view.

• Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    I see what you mean, Fridtjof. I hope that's something that will change when we update coverage explorer. The current limitation occurs when you have selected All Item Types for downstream—the old framework doesn't have the logic necessary to show fields that are not present in every item type. 
    We have fixed that limitation in list view (you can configure all fields to be visible in mixed item type views, not just common or default fields), so I'm optimistic!
  • LawrenceR Rigge
    edited January 2016
    This capability would be very helpful.