Disable Electronic Signatures

Steve Kay
edited January 2020 in
The recently added inclusion of electronic signature capability for SSO users is an undesired feature and one that we need to be able to disable. I don't consider this to be a product idea or feature request, but a missed implementation detail.
Steve Kay
Principal Systems Test Architect
Hologic - Breast Health

Comments

• Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited January 2020
    Steve:

The moderator who initiates the review can uncheck the "require electronic signatures from approvers" box to disable this feature when initiating the review. Please see screenshot below.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
  • Michelle Anthony
    edited January 2020
    Is there a way to have the "require electronic signatures from approvers" box unchecked by default instead of checked?
  • Steve Kay
    edited January 2020
    I am aware it can be deselected by the moderator, but we are not using Jama as a system of record, and don't want users or other observers to have any misunderstanding about that fact. Since this was implemented as the default, our users don't always deselect it. Being in a regulated industry, electronic signatures are a big deal. Having to explain that any electronic signatures entered in Jama are not valid puts us in an uncomfortable position.
    Steve Kay
    Principal Systems Test Architect
    Hologic - Breast Health
  • Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited January 2020
    Steve and Michelle:

I am going to go ahead and make this into a Product Idea to give it more visibility to the Product team. I have already tagged it for the area of Jama. 

Just to give some clarity to the conversation, Steve you would like: 

The ability to disable electronic signatures

and Michelle you would like: 

The ability to configure the defaulted checkboxes at the initiation of the Review

Steve and Michelle and anyone else in the Community, is there anything you feel needs to be added to this?
  • Callum Davey
    edited April 2020
    For us having the "require digital signature' ticked by default has resulted in most reviewers just closing the review without accepting it because they can't be bothered entering in their credentials again.  Our reviewers have already entered their credentials to log into Jama, so we don't want to impede their workflow without good reason.  Many moderators forget they need to untick this since it has become defaulted to ticked.

I can see why some organisations may want this ticked by default but many others do not.  Perhaps this should be a user-configurable option in the review centre admin console.
  • Teemu Kilpivuori
    edited October 2020
    Hi,
    We just upgraded from 8.36.5 to 8.49.2 and our situation is exactly the same that Steve describes here. We too would like to hear any updates on where this idea is currently. Ideally there should be an option to either set the default value or disable electronic signatures at some level. For us it doesn't matter which level, signatures aren't used anywhere.