Related Items (Item Sets and Folders)

Options
Bolling Starke
Bolling Starke Member Posts: 7
Hi Jama,

Our team has an outstanding need for the ability to relate items to both item sets and folders. We have various document deliverables that we are creating for our government customer and delivering through review center in Jama.

A requirement for those deliverables is all terms, references, etc. be linked to the individual item for reference while reviewing. Our document makes use of a parent component ("architecture overview"), and contains various sets of items for each corresponding document section (i.e. architectures, interfaces, datums). You can see the structure from the screenshot I've attached of the explorer view.

The description for these parent items are very important (both sets and folders), and contain A LOT of references. This is resulting in a huge gap in our review where we cannot consistently link terms and references to items.

Please see the video where I show you our project tree, then how specific items in our review are lacking related items due to this Jama limitation. I know this issue has been ignored by Jama in the past intentionally based off reading through the community boards, but we would like to bring further attention to it.

If item sets and folders are going to allow for description text to be inputted, there should be the ability to relate items and add references.

Thanks,
Bo

Comments