User-specific Help

Edward Choi
edited August 2016 in

Hi,

A user (project admin but not organization admin) recently came to ask me how to get the "Administration perspective" option so he could add users to his project. On further discussion it seems he was confused by the "Help". He had searched for "add users" and the first few results were for System Admins and Organization Admins.

I was wondering if it would be possible for the Help to filter the views based on the user's role within the organization. I understand that these pages are very useful (I use them all the time) but it's confusing for casual users to see all the sysadmin settings that they cannot access. It would be really nice if the help was specific to the user's level of access.

Thanks,

Ed

Comments

• Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Yes, Ed, this is definitely something we've been thinking about when it comes to training (that we have a role-based option). I'll make sure that that the conversation also considers the help documentation. I don't think that will be any time soon (that would require a revamp of the help guide, which would be quite an undertaking!), but I think this is a great idea.