Change Management Reviews either through filter settings or the Review module - Has this been discus

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 2
edited November 2016 in
I would like to utilize Jama to Approve changes via the review module. Of course now when you send a Change Request to the Review Module you only get the Request itself and not the "Items to be Changed" that are associated with it.

I tried to set up a filter but that required setting up specific Tags on a temporary basis in order to then create a review that contained all the items to be changed.

I was thinking that there should be an easier way to do this.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the idea! To answer your question, we have had discussions about it. We're working on incrementally updating the item view UI, so we will be re-evaluating this functionality.

What I would recommend at this point is creating a new relationship type, say, "Change Requested." If users then related the item that needs to be changed to the Change Request itself, you could then filter on that particular relationship type in order to send the items to review. I think this is easier than setting up tags and closer to what you envision the change association itself doing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 81
    edited November 2016
    Options
    We handle change requests a little bit differently.

We route the change request for approval to get buy-in and understand scope, effort, etc. Once we have approval that the change will move forward, we then go back to the item(s) impacted and update them appropriately based on the approved change request. Once those items are updated, they are rerouted for approval to make sure the change was accurately captured for the particular requirement or system. From there, the appropriate test cases are modified and reapproved as well.

I hope that makes sense! We follow this process as we don't want to update the requirement until we know the change request has been approved. Especially since we feed our requirements into JIRA.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Angie—thanks for sharing. That seems to make the most sense.
    When you send the change request to review, do you copy & paste the original item's text in the CR, or link to it to provide context?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2
    edited October 2015
    Options
    So the process we use for a CR is somewhat similar, but what I'm trying to do is take advantage of jama's version control capability within the CR. So that way the existing requirement that is "recommended for modification" can go for "Review" in the tool in order to obtain CR "approval"  I was looking for a way to streamline the process in order to avoid a lengthy meeting for changes.  I like the idea that if the CR is "rejected" I can simply "make current" the last "approved" state of the requirement.

We don't feed our requirements any place else so I can see how the Jira use case makes the most sense in that condition.

I'm loving this conversation