Indent items within Review Center

[Deleted User]
edited July 2016 in
Within Review Center, it would be helpful if the items in the reading pane were indented to follow the hierarchical structure.  Jama does a great job of this in the TOC/Search pane and in the Explorer Tree back on the project, but if that same structural indent could be applied to the review center reading pane that would be helpful.  It just gives some further context visually of the items that are nested within each other.  Today we use the heading numbers in combination with the TOC/Search, but we still find some challenges that could easily be solved by some simple indentation.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    That's a great idea! Most users don't realize that there is a TOC... 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the Idea, Angela, and Sebastian for making that point. Just in case anyone isn't familiar with it, the Table of Contents in the Review Center will display the items in the review, as well as their heading #:

imageimage
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2016
    We use the TOC regularly, but still find it challenging to have to click back and forth.  Reducing "clicks" and eliminating the need to move back and forth would be preferred.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    I had a discussion with a colleague of mine regarding a similar issue. Some reviews have about four hundred items in different folders. However, the different folders reflect different contexts for the requirements. The reviewer needs to know where the requirement he/she is reviewing belongs to.

At the moment there are two options. Manually search in the TOC for the correct folder or open the requirement in the "project view" and check the path directly in the requirement (see screenshot)

Both ways are really frustrating. I see two options to have the context of a requirement available in the review center:
    1. Make the path (including the tool-tip) also available in the Review Center (preferred)
    2. The TOC should automatically highlight the folder which includes the currently reviewed item

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Sebastian
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2015
    I think both your options and my original suggestion would give us the best of everything!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    That's a great idea. I'd love to see a tool tip or breadcrumbs within view of the item itself in review. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Following up on this - we have noticed in 2015.1 that the TOC is missing for reviews that are created via filter. Is this a new bug?

Thanks!!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Hey Jennifer, this isn't a bug that I know of...I am not sure what I'm looking for, though. 2014.2 and 2015.1 look the same to me.

2014.2image
    2015.1image
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2016
    Can you create a filter on Test Runs, and create a review from that?

Lets see if I can get pic of it:image
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Since Test Runs don't live in the hierarchy anywhere, I don't think there should be a TOC for a review of them. I tested that in 2014.1 and 2014.2, and it looks like that's always been the case.