Support

Expand all | Collapse all

How to manage docker containers in Jama 8 (standard channel)?

• 1.  How to manage docker containers in Jama 8 (standard channel)?

Posted 11-15-2016 03:47

Hi All,
    It seems that my previous post has been lost, but still I'm interested in the same question:
    How to manage docker containers in Jama 8 (standard channel)?
    1. How to stop/start/restart only one container without restarting whole Jama and redeploing docker images?
    2. How to use custom settings with containers (eg maxThreads value or session-timeout value for Tomcat)?
    3. How to mount a local directory to the docker container?
    4. Is it possible to use native docker utils and commands with Jama 8 (standard channel)?

------------------------------
    Konstantin Kondratyev
    Wargaming.net - GameStream

• 2.  RE: How to manage docker containers in Jama 8 (standard channel)?

Posted 11-15-2016 16:01

Thanks for reposting your question in the new community. I'll see what I can find out for you.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: How to manage docker containers in Jama 8 (standard channel)?

Posted 11-15-2016 17:54
    Edited by Kristina King 11-15-2016 19:51

I checked in with a colleague on how this works, and here are the responses:

1. How to stop/start/restart only one container without restarting whole Jama and redeploying docker images?

We do not support changes to the container.  They are ephemeral so any changes will be reverted upon restarting them.

Identify the container to and use native docker commands to manage the container.

- sudo docker ps

- sudo service docker start|stop|restart <container id>

2. How to use custom settings with containers (eg maxThreads value or session-timeout value for Tomcat)?

These are configured in our Admin Console Settings > Advanced Startup Settings which are passed to the Jamacore container at boot time.  The timeout setting is managed in the application settings after logging into Jama application UI with the root account.

3. How to mount a local directory to the docker container?

This is not supported.  All state is sent to the /data directory which can be mounted like an NFS mount.

4. Is it possible to use native docker utils and commands with Jama 8 (standard channel)?

Yes, but these can affect the operation of the application.  Please use the configuration settings page in the Admin Console UI.

Kristina King
    Jama Software