Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Logging in Jama as Read-Only when all the floater licenses are used...

• 1.  Logging in Jama as Read-Only when all the floater licenses are used...

Posted 11-29-2016 11:55

If all the floater licenses are used and another user wants to logged in, Jama should provide the user the option to log into Jama in ‘Read Only’ Mode; the user is currently locked out Jama completely just because the all floater licenses are used.

Is there a way for the user to log into Jama as read-only if all the floater licenses are used?

Regards,

Ken

------------------------------
    Ken G
    ASR Inc

• 2.  RE: Logging in Jama as Read-Only when all the floater licenses are used...

Posted 11-29-2016 15:05

Hi Ken,

Jama is designed so that users who are unable to log in with a Floating license are logged in as a Reviewer license. However, there is no way to access the rest of Jama if all licenses are taken up.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Logging in Jama as Read-Only when all the floater licenses are used...

Posted 11-30-2016 16:28

I have people getting denied access (15 in the last 90 days) because our floating licences are used up but they do not get the option to log in as a reviewer. Do we have to enable something?

Randy - Delta Controls

• 4.  RE: Logging in Jama as Read-Only when all the floater licenses are used...

Posted 12-01-2016 13:44

Hey Randy! As it turns out there is a nuance to the way this works that we didn't realize when writing the article...the reviewer licenses need to be floating reviewer licenses, not named licenses (and that is what your organization has).

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: Logging in Jama as Read-Only when all the floater licenses are used...

Posted 11-20-2019 05:40
    Given that I have a very small admin team, it would be very beneficial if the user account would default to "Stakeholder licenses" if all of the float creator licenses are taken.

I am in the process of changing from named to floating creator licenses is to reduce the work on my team. When the floating creator licenses are taken, if I have to switch the users from float review to stakeholder licenses, it defeats the purpose of buying float creator licenses.

Michael Mark
    UTC

• 6.  RE: Logging in Jama as Read-Only when all the floater licenses are used...

Posted 11-21-2019 07:50
    Hi Michael:

Unfortunately, this default is only available for float Review licenses at this time. I would invite you to go to Participate > Suggest Product Ideas and make a Product Idea about this. From there we can categorize this request and crowdsource from other community members!

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR