Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Tag synchronization (JIH or Tasktop) Jama --> JIRA

• 1.  Tag synchronization (JIH or Tasktop) Jama --> JIRA

Posted 07-16-2015 11:18
    For on-site installations, is it possible to synchronize Tags from Jama to JIRA? For item types Epic and User Stories, we want to synchronize them into JIRA, and would like the Tags to be synced as JIRA labels. The JIH (Tasktop) doesn't recognize Tags, as far as I can tell. Am I missing something, or is this because the tags aren't specifically and attribute on the item types?

• 2.  Re: Tag synchronization (JIH or Tasktop) Jama --> JIRA

Posted 07-16-2015 12:15
    You are right ... tags are not an attribute, and I tend to look at them as useful for transient information.  From what you've said I'd probably consider adding a pick list for this.

Bob

• 3.  Re: Tag synchronization (JIH or Tasktop) Jama --> JIRA

Posted 07-16-2015 17:12
    Hi Jim, thanks for posting the question. Bob is correct—with the current implementation of the JIH, tags are not available to be synced from Jama. If you needed to sync JIRA labels to Jama, we would recommend JIRA Labels->Jama string field. But there isn't a way to get the tags out of Jama. It is on the wish list, though.

• 4.  Re: Tag synchronization (JIH or Tasktop) Jama --> JIRA

Posted 12-18-2015 09:34
    Hi Kristina,
    the expectation is a bi-directional sync between a Jama Tag and an Jira label.

Could you please provide an update of this request. Is there any plan to provide this in 2016?

• 5.  Re: Tag synchronization (JIH or Tasktop) Jama --> JIRA

Posted 12-18-2015 22:12
    Good question, Katja. We are checking with Tasktop to see if/when.

• 6.  Re: Tag synchronization (JIH or Tasktop) Jama --> JIRA

Posted 01-11-2016 21:26
    Katja, I just received word that Tasktop is considering this use case for a future release, but at this point it is not on the 2016 roadmap.

• 7.  RE: Re: Tag synchronization (JIH or Tasktop) Jama --> JIRA

Posted 08-24-2017 13:59
    It has been a while.  Any updates on this one?

------------------------------
    Steve Miller
    Caterpillar Trimble Control Technologies, LLC

• 8.  RE: Re: Tag synchronization (JIH or Tasktop) Jama --> JIRA

Posted 08-25-2017 14:48
    Hi Steve,
    I haven't seen any changes noted in the release notes. You might have better luck asking Tasktop about the future of this, since they are responsible for support JIH and TIH now. (support@tasktop.com will create a ticket)

Kristina King
    Jama Software