Support

Expand all | Collapse all

How do edit Relationship note?

• 1.  How do edit Relationship note?

Posted 10-29-2015 12:49
    When I am viewing a storys' relationships in Table Layout there is a Note column.
    How do I edit the Note?
    When I go to edit/update the relationship there is no input for Note.

• 2.  Re: How do edit Relationship note?

Posted 10-29-2015 13:49
    Has show note been enabled for the shown relationshiptype?

• 3.  Re: How do edit Relationship note?

Posted 10-29-2015 20:45
    Note is visible in the UI, but I do not know of a method to actually alter it. I'm looking into it...

• 4.  Re: How do edit Relationship note?

Posted 10-30-2015 11:13
    Our admin fixed it such that the note input is now visible when adding/updating a relationship.
    thanks!

• 5.  Re: How do edit Relationship note?

Posted 12-15-2015 16:46
    To loop back on this (finally!), yes, Harald, it is possible to add notes to relationships. I confirmed back to 2015.1.

Here's how it's done, in case anyone is curious:
    In Admin, select Relationships > Show Note in Relationship Grid (blue circle).
    In addition, you have to enable the Note in each relationship type, which is the step I was missing when I was trying to use the feature (orange circle).

https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1329515/11344-1eck4zk_inline.png?1450208701" />

Once these two settings are enabled, when viewing an item's relationships you should select a relationship > Edit > Update Relationship to add a note.

• 6.  RE: Re: How do edit Relationship note?

Posted 09-17-2018 07:58
    Hi Kristina,

we are using the "Note" field to add additional context information to relationships.
    For some relationships we realized that the added context information is cut off. Is there
    a limitation on this field regarding the content length? If so, can we manipulate the supported
    content length or is it a fixed length built into Jama.

Many thanks, Alexander 

------------------------------
    Alexander Bergmayr

• 7.  RE: Re: How do edit Relationship note?

Posted 09-17-2018 15:53
    Hi Alexander:

You are correct, the "note" field is limited to 255 characters and cannot be manipulated into a Rich Text field. It's purely for short and concise notes. I noticed what you did as well with the cut off when I viewed it in the Bottom Panel of the item. Like this:

As you can see my 255 characters looked cut off in this view. You can adjust the headers to make more space for the "notes". Or you can look in the Activity Stream to see the full note, like so:

I used the full 255 characters here so, you could see what that looks like. Hopefully these options will work for you.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 8.  Re: How do edit Relationship note?

Posted 12-15-2015 18:04
    Hi Alan - it would be helpful to hear what you're planning on using this field for.