Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Team member not receiving emails via Comments

• 1.  Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 07-23-2015 16:45
    I am using a deployed installation of Jama and one of my users is not receiving emails entered via a work item's comments tab when he is tagged using the @. He receives other emails via Review Center but does not get those from comments. We have checked settings, changed email addresses to another alias from our server, and still nothing. We are currently on Version: 2015.2 Build date: 2014/11/20 17:24.

• 2.  Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 07-23-2015 17:00
    Hi Chris,

My understanding is that the current version of Jama supports @ as part of Stream function. User Guide's section: http://help.jamasoftware.com//the_stream.htm . Where you are placing the @? I don't believe using @ in the item comment will send e-mails. I could be wrong. @Kristina, your thoughts?

swoo

• 3.  Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 07-23-2015 17:11
    We use the @ mention functon all the time from the comments tab, yet this user is the only person affected (to my knowledge).

• 4.  Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 07-23-2015 17:16
    Cool. I get to learn something new today. I am sure Krisitina can help you or you can formerly open a ticket upper right hand corner

• 5.  Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 07-23-2015 17:46
    What a shock! It's rare Swoo learns something new! ;)

• 6.  Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 07-23-2015 17:50
    Chris, you mentioned that you checked their settings. What settings did you check? The My Profile > My Subscriptions settings can get quite tangled up; a user can change those settings for notifications for immediate, to daily, to weekly, to Mute All; users can also selectively mute notifications on particular items. (These settings don't apply to Review Center notifications.)

• 7.  Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 07-23-2015 17:54
    Those are all set correctly, or at least identical to those for my profile and I get the emails. I am curious if it is something on our server side and not Jama itself, but wanted to see if others had similar issues.

• 8.  Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 07-23-2015 18:14
    It seems odd to me that just one user would not receive the item notifications, be it server or Jama problems. At least with Jama it's all or none who are affected by email problems. Interesting that he is receiving Review Center emails...while there are differences in these notification types, they're both still driven by SMTP. I can get a ticket going for you.

• 9.  RE: Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 09-17-2018 08:33

Kristina,

I ran in to similar problem now. Some of the users not getting emails when used @username , in the comments section. Has there been a resolution to this?
    They do get emails from review center.

Thanks

Sri

------------------------------
    Sri

Hill-Rom Clinical Workflow Solutions (CWS)

• 10.  RE: Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 09-17-2018 16:34
    Sri:

Just want to double check a few things:

1. Have the user look at their settings like Kristina mentioned in #6 in this thread. Look in My Profile > My Subscriptions settings​ and check to see if anything is "muted".

2. checking the Junk and Spam folders

3. If nothing is in the Spam/Junk folders, is this happening with the 'Comments' in any particular section in Jama? (Review Center, Item Updates)?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 11.  RE: Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 09-18-2018 05:26

1) User Profile settings look fine, set to receive notifications immediately.
    2) The same user gets notification via review center on the same item.

Thanks

Sri

Sri

• 12.  RE: Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 09-18-2018 10:35
    Sri:

I am putting in a Support ticket for you. I think this might require further troubleshooting away from the Community forum. Please reply to the ticket when you receive the email.

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 13.  RE: Re: Team member not receiving emails via Comments

Posted 09-18-2018 13:17
    Thank you! I did get the email about the support ticket.

Sri