Support

Expand all | Collapse all

New line is not supported in JAMA for updating a test step.

• 1.  New line is not supported in JAMA for updating a test step.

Posted 07-06-2015 12:04
    We have already written a test case. Need to update a test step by adding few more point.

Pressed 'Enter' key (or) 'Shift + Enter' key. Not able to create new line.

Please clarify us on how to give new line for a test step between two sentences.

• 2.  Re: New line is not supported in JAMA for updating a test step.

Posted 07-06-2015 12:42
    The only way to currently do this (that I am aware of) is with adding the HTML for a line break at the end of the first sentence.  Try adding <br /> and then enter your text for the next line immediately thereafter. Once you click off the step, it should be displayed as two lines of text for you.

• 3.  Re: New line is not supported in JAMA for updating a test step.

Posted 07-06-2015 14:18
    @Angela, thanks for your tip.

Hi Sangeetha, you can use Angela's tip for now. Be aware that the single item view will display the <br> and the single item edit view will render the line break. I think Jama is currently considering enhancing test steps with some needed HTML formatting.

swoo

https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1232531/RackMultipart20150706-31238-1ik5hm4-steps_inline.jpg?1436192143" />

• 4.  Re: New line is not supported in JAMA for updating a test step.

Posted 07-10-2015 21:57
    Having similar issue, but with importing a functional requirement. For what its worth I used excel to concatenate a few fields and inserted CHAR(10) and CHAR(13) between the items. I get line breaks working correctly in Edit AND single item view. In DOCUMENT view I don't have any line breaks.. here is an example of the excel formula to create the new cell. . =CONCATENATE(G2,CHAR(10),CHAR(13),H2)

I dont think CHAR(13) is entirely necessary.. YMMV

• 5.  Re: New line is not supported in JAMA for updating a test step.

Posted 07-14-2015 18:47
    Dan, that is an interesting observation—I would not have guessed that would work on import. Thanks for sharing.

• 6.  RE: Re: New line is not supported in JAMA for updating a test step.

Posted 03-29-2019 16:27
    ​Hello,

I see that this is an old topic (from 2015), but I was wondering if this is something JAMA is pursuing to add on its next release. We are importing our test books through excel and regardless of having line breaks in the same cel for the Actions, Results or Notes, line breaks are ignored and information is pulled together (concatenated) in the test runs.

Funny enough, they seem to appear when in edit mode after importing, but just not displayed on the test run.

Thanks,

Lilliana

------------------------------
    Lilliana Feliciano
    Siemens
    Minnetonka MN

• 7.  RE: Re: New line is not supported in JAMA for updating a test step.

Posted 04-02-2019 16:23
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 04-02-2019 16:26
    Hi Lilliana:

I have not gleamed any plans for the Test Center currently. I do know that our Product team does use the information customers are gracious enough to leave on this Community when they are considering targeting an area for enhancements. You are our best source of information! Feel free to add to the forum conversations and Suggest A Product Idea to our discussion threads.
    Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 8.  RE: Re: New line is not supported in JAMA for updating a test step.

Posted 04-02-2019 16:41

Thanks for replying Chloe.

Since this was a topic brought in 2015, I thought that maybe it was already fixed or put as an enhancement. Because I could see the spaces when in edit in JAMA, but not in the test run, I thought that maybe was a bug. I'll posted in the Suggest a Product idea forum.

Regards, Saludos

Lilliana Feliciano-Agosto

Siemens Industry, Inc.
    RC-US EM DG SWS PMO
    10900 Wayzata Blvd.
    Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA
    M:+1.612.206.7252

F: +1.952.607.2200
    mailto:lilliana.feliciano@siemens.com

• 9.  RE: Re: New line is not supported in JAMA for updating a test step.

Posted 04-17-2019 10:40

Hello,

Any reply on this subject? I wanted to know if this is something that it might be pursued for the next release, especially since it was brought since 2015.

Regards, Saludos

Lilliana