Support

Expand all | Collapse all

we want to have two projects with different metadata (item types and properties)

• 1.  we want to have two projects with different metadata (item types and properties)

Posted 10-24-2016 17:27
    We want to have two projects with different metadata (item types and properties). Is it possible?

• 2.  Re: we want to have two projects with different metadata (item types and properties)

Posted 10-24-2016 19:12
    It is possible to configure different projects with different item types and settings. I recommend taking a look at our user guide, specifically under the Work in Jama > Project Configuration topic. This includes sections on project settings and adding custom item types.

• 3.  Re: we want to have two projects with different metadata (item types and properties)

Posted 11-04-2016 06:02
    Thank you Iris,
    yes, but take very general artifact type like Use Case. We use it for all projects but pick-up lists referenced by some properties depend on project. Can we configure this in JAMA?
    TIA, Vaidotas

• 4.  Re: we want to have two projects with different metadata (item types and properties)

Posted 11-04-2016 16:39
    Hi Vaidotas,

I am not entirely sure I understand what you are asking. Are you saying you would like to use the same item type across different projects, but in each project have different fields and picklists for the item?

We do not allow that level of customization on a single item, but you are able to create similar item types with these field variations. Members of the community may have other suggestions for how they have handled this if that is what you are looking for.

If you are asking for something else, please let me know.

• 5.  RE: Re: we want to have two projects with different metadata (item types and properties)

Posted 05-30-2018 10:57
    Hi -
    I have very similar questions. My company is new to Jama, and we would like to use it throughout engineering. We have several different test teams and would like to customize item types like Test Plan and Test Run for each test team. Based on this thread it sounds like that was not possible in Jama at the end of 2016. Have there been any changes since then that would support customization of Test Plan and Test Run? We are using Jama 8.24.
    Thanks,

------------------------------
    Theresa

• 6.  RE: Re: we want to have two projects with different metadata (item types and properties)

Posted 05-30-2018 15:18
    Hey Theresa,

Thanks for checking back in about this one.  Unfortunately, we don't really have a way to customize those Test Plans of Test Runs based on teams or user groups like this.  However, are you able to provide some more context for what sort of customization options you're looking for?

I don't know that it would change the answer here, but having that additional information or some examples may be helpful to paint the entire picture.

Nick S
    Jama Software

• 7.  Re: we want to have two projects with different metadata (item types and properties)

Posted 11-04-2016 17:27
    Thank you, this answers my question