Support

Expand all | Collapse all

How does JAMA deal with nested tables and images within a table?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  How does JAMA deal with nested tables and images within a table?

Posted 11-02-2016 01:31

I'm evaluating using JAMA for requirements management instead of Word files.  My documents implement a table for each requirement and the format conforms to "Each table is an individual item".  This seems good for import.

Nested Tables
    Some of these requirement tables have a nested a table inside to better define a set of conditions or values.  I don't see any information on how JAMA deals with this.  How is nested table data is imported or displayed?

Image with Table
    Some of these requirement tables have images in the cell to better define or describe some feature or display.  How are images imported when they are part of a table?

• 2.  Re: How does JAMA deal with nested tables and images within a table?
    Best Answer

Posted 11-02-2016 13:06
    Hey TJPII, thanks for joining the community!

I'll answer the second question first because it's quicker; if you import individual tables in a doc as individual items, images in that doc will be imported into Jama and stored on the server. They will display in the Jama item as they do in Word.

Provided you follow the instructions for each table being an individual item (this">https://community.jamasoftware.com/jama/topics/how-various-word-layouts-will-look-when-imported-into-jama">this article provides the most context), you can import a "nested table." Treating each table as an item really applies to the outermost table, because you are mapping each leftmost column to corresponding Jama fields. 

So a word doc with a table like this:

https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1504740/11841-l6ypnr_inline.png?1478102663" /> 
    will import like this:

• 3.  RE: Re: How does JAMA deal with nested tables and images within a table?

Posted 01-18-2017 12:18
    Edited by skay Kay 01-18-2017 12:18
    Kristina,
    The link in this response is broken. 

Also, I'm curious if you have an answer to the first part of his question: How are images in Word tables handled during import?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Steve Kay
    Hologic - Breast Health

• 4.  RE: Re: How does JAMA deal with nested tables and images within a table?

Posted 01-19-2017 14:45
    The article I was referring him to was How various word layouts will look when imported into Jama - Jama Software Community

As far as the first part of his question goes, my answer was images in a Word doc will be imported into Jama and stored on the server, which is how Jama handles images that you would add in the rich text editor natively. Is there more elaboration needed about image handling? Let me know if you have any particular questions or worries.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 5.  Re: How does JAMA deal with nested tables and images within a table?

Posted 11-02-2016 15:48

Kristina,

Your image and description is exactly how my requirement table is setup.  The import implementation is perfect because the nested table is part of the requirement description and not a separate requirement.

Thanks for the quick and well described response.

• 6.  Re: How does JAMA deal with nested tables and images within a table?

Posted 11-02-2016 18:26
    Glad to hear it!