Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Do we have any option to auto sync in JAMA ?

• 1.  Do we have any option to auto sync in JAMA ?

Posted 07-19-2016 09:28
    Do we have auto sync option in JAMA ? For example, I have multiple projects in JAMA and few projects are inter-related. I've logged a defect(Issue) in XYZ Project and sync the defect to another project ABC( Which has dependency). When the developer fix the defect and update the status in XYZ Project. Status is not getting updated in ABC Project. I had to go to each project and manually sync the defects, which is killing the time. If there is no option, Please let me know is it possible to create a prompt message to the developer to click sync all option, Please help me out..

Thanks,
    Padmaja

• 2.  Re: Do we have any option to auto sync in JAMA ?

Posted 07-19-2016 10:26
    IMHO this is not supported out of the box. I have the gut feeling that this could be achieved with a plugin.

@Kristina: Is such a plugin available?
    This would be a plugin keeping existing synchronized items in sync for the sync fields.

As I write that, I see also a Use Case for that in my organization, at least for specific item types.

• 3.  Re: Do we have any option to auto sync in JAMA ?

Posted 07-19-2016 16:53
    Harald, I agree with your gut feeling, that this *could* be achieved with a plugin.

I looked through the list of old plugins that we used to support. We at one time had a Sync plugin. I couldn't find the code for it, though. It is likely irrelevant now, though, as it would have been written long ago (prior to Jama 3.6).

So...there is no plugin available, but I think someone could write one. However, we don't have any documentation on writing plugins since they aren't supported. (I wish we did.)

Padmaja, I'm sorry to say that there is no supported way to make sync automatic or create a prompt.

• 4.  Re: Do we have any option to auto sync in JAMA ?

Posted 10-24-2016 12:48
    Received a similar request from product team member regarding ability to auto-sync, stating that currently it's more of a manual copy after which you have to remember to manually sync each time. Further, wants the ability to sync to multiple projects.

• 5.  RE: Re: Do we have any option to auto sync in JAMA ?

Posted 10-12-2018 06:58
    hi,

same here. Are there any plans to at least add this to the REST API?

------------------------------
    Peter Bauer
    Infineon

• 6.  RE: Re: Do we have any option to auto sync in JAMA ?

Posted 10-19-2018 14:37
    Hi Peter:

I do not see that an auto-sync option is on our current roadmap but, from the Swagger API documentation I would advise taking a look under "Items", there is a:

which could be helpful in engineering a script to automate this process for you.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 7.  RE: Re: Do we have any option to auto sync in JAMA ?

Posted 10-29-2018 10:04
    hi,

i assume you suggest to perform a "Break Sync" and then "Connect Items" using the REST API.
    The problem is that when you do this the synced item is still in "Out of sync" status.
    An example:
    Item B is synced with Item A

1. Change Item A -> Item B is "Out of Sync"
    2. "Break Sync" of Item B -> Item B gets a new Global ID
    3. Connect (add to synced items) Item B with Item A again -> Item B is still "Out of Sync", it just has the same Global ID but the content is not the same

So re-connecting items does not solve the "sync" problem in any way.

The only way to do a connect & sync is to delete Item B first and re-create it. But this IMO leads to unwanted side-effects in the version history of Item B.

Peter Bauer
    Infineon