Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Is the moderator of a review notified when reviewers/approvers add some feedback?

• 1.  Is the moderator of a review notified when reviewers/approvers add some feedback?

Posted 05-13-2016 05:03
    As an approver, I added some questions/issues as comments during the review. However, the moderator did not get any notification.
    Do I have to finish the review first ? Or is there any way he can be notified during my review ?
    Thanks

• 2.  Re: Is the moderator of a review notified when reviewers/approvers add some feedback?

Posted 05-13-2016 09:29

Yes, the moderator can get notifications of your comments during the review; without you needing to finish the review first.  The moderator should "follow all items" in the review. By doing so, whenever someone makes a comment, the moderator will receive an email notification. In addition, have the moderator check their notification settings under their profile to insure they are receiving communictions on the appropriate frequency.

• 3.  Re: Is the moderator of a review notified when reviewers/approvers add some feedback?

Posted 08-31-2016 15:30
    What about general comments (i.e. on the review itself, and not tied to individual items)? Should the moderator receive an email notification of general comments added by other users?

(We're running 2015.5, and moderators don't seem to be receiving email notifications of general comments; just wanted to confirm whether this is expected or not)

• 4.  Re: Is the moderator of a review notified when reviewers/approvers add some feedback?

Posted 08-31-2016 19:28
    Hey Ryan, what you are seeing lines up with expectations. Because general comments are not tied to an item, there is no way to follow them. So it's consistent with the rules of how following in a review works, but I don't think it's consistent with what users expect :)

• 5.  Re: Is the moderator of a review notified when reviewers/approvers add some feedback?

Posted 09-01-2016 13:44
    Thanks, Kristina. That's unfortunate.

I might suggest an update to https://community.jamasoftware.com/jama/topics/how-review-center-comments-work">https://community.jamasoftware.com/jama/topics/how-review-center-comments-work">https://community.jamasoftware.com/jama/topics/how-review-center-comments-work to clarify this -- it's currently worded in a way that doesn't make it clear that "following" is a requirement:
    When a Comment is made on a Review, the Moderator will be notified via email. The email notification contains the details of the Comment along with a link to the Review or Item where the Comment was made

• 6.  Re: Is the moderator of a review notified when reviewers/approvers add some feedback?

Posted 09-01-2016 14:25
    Good call. I will do so.

• 7.  RE: Re: Is the moderator of a review notified when reviewers/approvers add some feedback?

Posted 01-20-2017 10:53
    Kristina -- can you confirm whether all necessary aforementioned changes have been made to the "How Review Center Comments Work" posting (now located at https://jamasoftware.connectedcommunity.org/browse/articles/blogviewer?BlogKey=107011ea-2fd6-459e-ac6f-c7199887ef6c)?

When I look at it now, it states:

All reviewers and moderators will receive notification of these comments, as they are not linked to a particular item. 

As previously mentioned, though, we're seeing otherwise in 2015.5 -- namely, moderators are not receiving emails about "general" comments (though they do receive emails for item comments, if they have followed the item).

There's also no mention of the distinction between email notifications of "general" review comments vs. "item" review comments in the "How Review Center Comments Work" posting (https://jamasoftware.connectedcommunity.org/browse/articles/blogviewer?BlogKey=9b08bf0e-1c4e-4cfe-9c41-8b62d93fc50b).

I just want to ensure that what I'm seeing here is truly expected behaviour, rather than a potential issue. :)

------------------------------
    Ryan Dill

• 8.  RE: Re: Is the moderator of a review notified when reviewers/approvers add some feedback?

Posted 01-20-2017 16:53
    Hey Ryan,

Sorry about that! It looks like that update was put in Support's backlog, which has been sitting untouched since some team restructuring a few months back. I just updated the articles; let me know if any further clarification is needed.

Ultimately, it seems that everyone should get notified on a general comment, however, moderators do not. This was recently logged as a bug, 
    SOS-DEF-768. (If anything, one would think moderators get notifications whilst reviewers do not.) I think we wavered for a while if this was by design or a bug, but given the inconsistency, we're sticking with this is a bug.

Kristina King
    Jama Software