Support

• 1.  is it possible to export an item with the comments against it

Posted 04-07-2016 11:58
    I would like to send an export of requirements with comments to a non Jama user, is this possible please?

• 2.  Re: is it possible to export an item with the comments against it

Posted 04-07-2016 16:50
    Kae, can you clarify for me what comments you are looking for? Is it the comments made on the item in Projects view, or comments made in the Review Center?

• 3.  RE: Re: is it possible to export an item with the comments against it

Posted 10-25-2021 15:39
    Hi Kristina,
    I know this is an old post, but our org also requires the same types of report. the two links above do not work. do you know any new report in the community that does this job?
    we are looking to export items with their comments ( in project view and not  in the review center ) and send it to sub-contractors who do not use JAMA.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Farshid --
    farshid.dehmeshki@akersolutions.com

• 4.  RE: Re: is it possible to export an item with the comments against it

Posted 10-25-2021 16:35
    Hello Farshid,

Thank you for your post, I will be responding on behalf of Kristina. You can do this with a small modification to out-of-the-box office templates.  There is a 'comments' template referenced in the word template reference guide.
    Here are a few resources…
    https://help.jamasoftware.com/ah/en/manage-content/exports/office-templates.html
    https://community.jamasoftware.com/education/office-reports
    https://resources.jamasoftware.com/webinar/ask-jama-getting-data-in-amp-out-of-jama-connect

You may also refer to this post by Dana as well, see the attachment for the script.

Please let us know if you have additional questions!

Amanda Jennewein She/Her
    Manager, Customer Support
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Re: is it possible to export an item with the comments against it

Posted 10-26-2021 02:30
    Thanks Amanda,

Farshid --
    farshid.dehmeshki@akersolutions.com

• 6.  Re: is it possible to export an item with the comments against it

Posted 04-08-2016 07:28

• 7.  Re: is it possible to export an item with the comments against it

Posted 04-08-2016 07:35
    Comments made on an item in a project. Thanks Harald, I will have to give your velocity template to someone who knows about these as I am Requirements Manager and do not have this skill set

• 8.  Re: is it possible to export an item with the comments against it

Posted 04-08-2016 14:36
    Edited by Amanda 10-25-2021 16:03
    Harald's Velocity report is very helpful for all of an item's context, so if you do have someone who can put it into Jama for you, I definitely recommend that. He has created some others and shared that code as well, so if you find someone to do that, I recommend they take a peek elsewhere in the community for some other good ones.