Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Filter on downstream relationship

• 1.  Filter on downstream relationship

Posted 02-21-2017 05:01
    Hi,

in our Projects, there are such relationships:
    market requirement -> Project requirement -> Realisation concepts -> Test specification
    market requirement -> Technical specification -> Test Specification
    market requirement -> Test Specification
    market requirement->....-> Test Specification

Our Team Needs a list of market requirements, which have an association Downstream with test specifications.

I could not figure out an elegant way to built a filter to list this out.
    The Problem I have is the test specification could be the direct Downstream related item but could be also 2,3 oder 4 Level downsteam.
    Any Suggestion?

Right now, I make use such Coverage Explorer and then manually sort out. It is extrem tidious. It would be great to have a better way.

thanks in advanced

Lien

------------------------------
    Lien Bäcker
    Gira, Giersiepen GmbH & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: Filter on downstream relationship

Posted 02-21-2017 15:47

Lien,

I cannot find a better way to accomplish this. Filters work only on direct relationships, not skipping levels, so there is not a way to locate the test specs if they are more than one level downstream from your market requirements.

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Filter on downstream relationship

Posted 02-22-2017 11:53
    HI Lien,

This is also my number one enhancement ask. Not being able to build a "nested filter" to do the sort of thing that you mention is my greatest frustration with working in Jama. Of course one can create a filter with one level of nesting (an "embedded filter") but, annoyingly, the embedded filter has an attenuated list of filterable criteria. My expectation is that the embedded filter should offer all the criteria that the "top level" filter offers, including the ability to embed a third (and fourth, and fifth, etc.) filter. On the plus side, I do like the "outside - in" approach to writing a nested filter - this is much easier than having to created the "nucleus" filter and then "surround" it with higher-level filter(s).

Good luck with advocating this enhancement - I'll be dancing a jig when it is delivered!

Cheers,
    Ian

Ian LastName
    Enphase Energy, Inc.