Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Missing Test Cycle/Test Runs

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Missing Test Cycle/Test Runs

Posted 08-10-2021 06:17
    Yesterday we received a report from a user that they could not get to there test runs.  They received the Warning message, "Sorry, the specified project item was made inactive by XXX on 08/09/2021 12:38 pm".  After looking at the test plan in question, i found that it had no test cycle showing and therefore no test runs showing.  When I go to the test cases for the test plan, I saw that test runs where listed and accessible when clicked on.  At first glance, it appears that the user XXX has deleted the test cycle for the test plan but i can not be 100% this is what happen.. or can I?  Is there a way to see the history of the test cycle for the test plan and more importantly, is there a way to restore it if in fact user XXX deleted the test cycle?

------------------------------
    Marshall Richard
    Louisiana Office of Technology Services
    Baton Rouge LA

• 2.  RE: Missing Test Cycle/Test Runs
    Best Answer

Posted 08-10-2021 09:55
    Hi Marshall,

Thank you for reaching out! If the Test Cycle was deleted, it should be noted in your Dashboard Activity Stream Widget.

Make sure to select "All Activities" in the widget and search for terms like, "Delete", the user's name, "Test Cycle", etc.

In the example below, I deleted a Test Cycle to show how its deletion would appear.

Please let me know if that helps!

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Missing Test Cycle/Test Runs

Posted 08-10-2021 12:46
    Hi Decoteau,

I had to add the Activity Stream widget to the dashboard (someone had removed it) and after filtering on "Delete" it was the first thing in the list.  I was able to click on the "restore" option and it appears to have brought the cycle back.

Thanks for your help.

Marshall Richard
    Louisiana Office of Technology Services
    Baton Rouge LA