Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Jama REST API unauthorized

• 1.  Jama REST API unauthorized

Posted 07-08-2019 01:59
    Hello,

I'm trying to communicate between Jama and LabView using the REST-API, but it doesn't really work. I always get the return that I'm not authorized. My Account working well in Jama and if I'm using Swagger, only if I using LabView it doesn't work (I simply use the HTML GET/POST methods).
    {"meta":{"status":"Unauthorized","timestamp":"2019-07-08T05:22:27.377+0000","message":""}}​

Has anybody experience in this? 

------------------------------
    Heiko Schindler
    SICK AG

• 2.  RE: Jama REST API unauthorized

Posted 07-08-2019 11:45
    Hi Heiko:

If it is a problem only LabView, I am wondering if this might be an authentication problem. Are you using SAML or LDAP? If so, it could be a problem with Jama recognizing you as the user. I would talk to your System Administrator to see how you are set up there. Are you able to screenshot the error message you are receiving?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Jama REST API unauthorized

Posted 07-09-2019 00:52
    Hi Chloe,

I don't think that it is a problem with LabView, maybe it is a problem with the library for REST / HTTP.
    SAML or LDAP --> no idea

The REST API is, by our system administrator, not restricted for every user. If I'm using Swagger, it works well.
    Also there is no error message, only the answer from JAMA REST like I posted above

{"meta":{"status":"Unauthorized","timestamp":"2019-07-08T05:22:27.377+0000","message":""}}​​

Heiko Schindler
    SICK AG