Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Docker Maintenance

• 1.  Docker Maintenance

Posted 6 days ago
    I would like to know what Docker container maintenance is recommended for Jama.

I noticed that running the command docker system df returned:
    TYPE                       TOTAL                 ACTIVE              SIZE                  RECLAIMABLE
    Images                    12                         10                       2.891 GB           944.2 MB (32%)
    Containers              246                      211                      34.06 MB          0 B (0%)
    Local Volumes        115                        43                      13.12 GB             12.61 GB (96%)

Is this normal?  It looks like there is a lot of space that is reclaimable.

------------------------------
    Brian

• 2.  RE: Docker Maintenance

Posted 4 days ago
    Brian:

Sounds like you may have had a messy house guest here. My sources say to use this script to clean this up:

docker volume rm $(docker volume ls -qf dangling=true)

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Docker Maintenance

Posted 4 days ago
    Edited by Brian McAlister 4 days ago
    Chloe,

Thanks for the response.

Command 'docker volume ls -q | wc -l' returns 115
    Command 'docker volume ls -qf dangling=true | wc -l' returns 72
    Command 'docker volume ls -qf dangling=false | wc -l' returns 43

So running the command 'docker volume rm $(docker volume ls -qf dangling=true)' appears to be removing 72 of the 115 volumes and leaving 43 alone.  Is that correct, and is that something that is safe to run for all Jama versions?

I also saw something similar like 'docker volume prune' command, is the command you sent doing something similar?

Thanks,

Brian

• 4.  RE: Docker Maintenance

Posted 3 days ago
    Brian,

The script we sent you cleans up orphaned volumes only. This other script (the volume prune one) will clean out the house. So you will have to run the installer again to get back anything you want to keep. Just depends on how deep you want to go? Docker offers Docker enterprise which comes with support.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR