Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Digest for new Ideation Module

• 1.  Digest for new Ideation Module

Posted 06-01-2020 12:09
    Hi,
    For some of the communities here I have subscribed to the digest summary via email. The Product Idea community was one of those. Is there a way to get a digest for the new Ideation module?

------------------------------
    Sven Schmidberger
    Irdeto

• 2.  RE: Digest for new Ideation Module

Posted 06-01-2020 13:26
    Sven:

Great question! The Ideation module is different from the Community groups. I have not seen a way to do the digest feature. But, this was a great question, so I put in a ticket with them to make sure there wasn't something I overlooked. I have configured the Community home page show the three most recent ideas posted. Also, the filtering makes it easy to pull up the ideas you have posted and the ideas you have voted on. See here at the last two options:

I will make sure to update you when I hear back from Higher Logic.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Digest for new Ideation Module

Posted 11-23-2020 05:52
    Edited by Christian 11-23-2020 05:53
    Hi Chloe, any update? I still see no way to subscribe to notifications for "Ideation" module.
    I find it a big issue since our ideas lack of publicity trough the community. We get the votes only from the few very active members that read or search the ideation page. If this is not fixed, I'll duplicate all my posts what is very strange for requirements management suggestions

Christian Binard
    ON semiconductor
    Belgium

• 4.  RE: Digest for new Ideation Module

Posted 11-23-2020 09:42
    Christian:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention again. To update you, when I talked to our vendor about this, they did not have any further ideas other than the ones I presented above.

But, thank you for articulating "I find it a big issue since our ideas lack publicity though the community". I have actually been thinking about doing a monthly or weekly posts in the Product community, highlighting the Ideation module. Perhaps by functional area of Jama or some other metric. Any ideas or thoughts on that? Alternate ideas?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Digest for new Ideation Module

Posted 11-23-2020 10:06
    Edited by Daniel 11-23-2020 10:58
    I like your thoughts of periodic posts highlighting ideas.  I recommend that each post, whatever the frequency, have a particular topic of focus where you act as a curator of the recent ideas entered relating to that topic.

Daniel March
    Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Digest for new Ideation Module

Posted 11-23-2020 10:29
    Daniel:

Agreed, as the facilitator, I need to make sure to maintain a level of unbiasedness. Whereas, your thought on having a "particular topic of focus" would come into play. Have you noticed the Ideation card "category" field/filter?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 7.  RE: Digest for new Ideation Module

Posted 11-23-2020 10:52
    Edited by Daniel 11-23-2020 10:59

Yes, I am aware of and use the filters. However, there are not enough filter options to create something similar to what I suggest.

To do so one would need a filter that controls:

• Category
    • Date range
    And sorts based on:

• Total activity (as a sum of votes + comments)

Ideally a minimum threshold of how many votes the idea received could also be set in the filter.

Daniel March

• 8.  RE: Digest for new Ideation Module

Posted 11-23-2020 11:08
    Edited by Chloe 11-23-2020 11:20
    Daniel:

I know we can filter by Category and "activities" like "most votes" or "most recent" or "most comments" or "least recent". But yes, I could see being able to filter by, "date range" and "vote numbers range" could prove to be most helpful here, especially as the module gets more usage. It is not available in the vendor product as of now....

It sounds like you would recommend, doing the Ideation highlight posts by considering:
    1. Category
    2. Within a prescribed date range
    3. Idea cards with a certain number of votes and comments

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 9.  RE: Digest for new Ideation Module

Posted 11-23-2020 12:47
    Yes, I agree with what you are suggesting.

Daniel March

• 10.  RE: Digest for new Ideation Module

Posted 11-24-2020 01:42
    Hi Chloe, If you filter Idea cards with a certain number of votes and comments, you won't solve the lack of publicity problems but will amplify the votes count for ideas that were spotted by the few same very active people.
    In my view all ideas should be promoted equally.
    Point 1) category will be helpful to structure.
    Point 2) Time interval is needed to limit the count of ideas

Christian Binard
    ON semiconductor
    Belgium