Support

• 1.  Filters using tags across projects

Posted 04-16-2020 05:24
    I'm trying to run an advanced filter across multiple projects using a specific tag. I have admin permissions to each project. I've selected "All Projects", however, the filter is only returning results for the current project. Is searching on tags across projects not possible?

------------------------------
    Elizabeth Rosenberg
    Alight Solutions

• 2.  RE: Filters using tags across projects

Posted 04-16-2020 14:02
    Elizabeth:

Checked into this and found that the "tag" functionality is indeed scoped and gated by project. You will not be able to get the results you want using the "All Project" filter setting, it will only pull up the tags from the current project you are in.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Filters using tags across projects

Posted 10-25-2021 06:54
    Edited by Florian 10-25-2021 06:54
    Hi Chloe,
    are there any improvements planned on this issue?

Our engineers ran into this problems with tags in filters that are shared between projects quite often.
    We have many projects in sync to represent variants of a product.
    It is a lot of unnecessary effort to manage separate filters for each variant because of the tag issue.

Florian Giller

• 4.  RE: Filters using tags across projects

Posted 10-25-2021 07:23
    Edited by Alessandro 10-25-2021 07:24
    Related to this I have submitted a feature request long time ago ... it was/is intended as workaround for the issue of this thread

https://community.jamasoftware.com/product-ideas-suggest/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=9ff6ac57-e87d-4e27-b86b-24efdc451ea9

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG

• 5.  RE: Filters using tags across projects

Posted 10-25-2021 11:56
    Hello Florian,

Thank you for posting. I would encourage you to visit the Ideation card (link provided by Alessandro). You can vote/comment on his post to gain greater traction on this with our Product Team.

The Ideation module is specifically designed to facilitate conversation's around the continual evolution of the Jama Connect product. Our feedback loop is outlined here:
    Jama Software Community Product Idea Process.

Amanda Jennewein She/Her
    Manager, Customer Support
    Jama Software
    Portland OR