Support

Expand all | Collapse all

created relationship in wrong direction

• 1.  created relationship in wrong direction

Posted 13 days ago
    I have a requirement type and test case type.

R->T

When I used the relationships API to create a relationship I mistakenly supplied the test case as the 'fromItem' and the requirementas the 'toItem'.

To my surprise, it worked, and I had test cases with downstream requirements.

I do have this turned on for the relationship model: "Allow any item type not mentioned in this rule set to be related to any item type including those in the rule set."

But that doesn't seem relevant here since both types are part of the rule set.

------------------------------
    Jonah Caplan
    QNX

• 2.  RE: created relationship in wrong direction

Posted 9 days ago
    Edited by Decoteau Wilkerson 9 days ago

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for reaching out! It looks like the behavior you are reporting is a bug <SOS-DEF-4310> in which the editing of relationships does not respect relationship rules. Please note, this defect was fixed in Jama 8.50.

If you have any questions about our bug fixing process, I recommend reading this article in our community.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best, 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: created relationship in wrong direction

Posted 9 days ago
    Hi Decoteau. I'm on 8.49 so I would say there's a regression or else this is a different issue.

Thanks
    Jonah

Jonah Caplan
    QNX

• 4.  RE: created relationship in wrong direction

Posted 9 days ago
    Hi Jonah,

Thank you for reaching out to clarify. This particular defect is present in 8.49 but is fixed in the Cloud/Hosted version of Jama 8.50 and onward.

The fix will be present for the next On-Premise/Self-Hosted release of Jama 8.56 in late October. You can track that release via our release schedule. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR