Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to get the the Approved date on test cases?

• 1.  Is there a way to get the the Approved date on test cases?

Posted 10-16-2018 09:59

We use work flow for test cases. One of our requirements is that the test case has to be in Approved State before a test run can be executed. We are currently using a Custom SQL Report to get the date by looking at the version history.

We are planing to get rid of custom report.
    1) Is there a way to capture the date on work flow transition?
    2) Or, can we prevent test run's if test case is not approved?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Sri

Hill-Rom Clinical Workflow Solutions (CWS)

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to get the the Approved date on test cases?

Posted 10-18-2018 19:13

Sri:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. You could do an Advanced Filter which can track which test cases have Approved status. 
    in this example I am using the "Subsystem Verifications" item type as my test cases and then setting the filter to search when the status is "Approved". You would then be able to look in the Trace View and view the related Test Runs. You might also be able to filter the items by "Modified Date", "Last Activity Date"... depends on how you have your internal work place set up. For instance, if you know that one particular person is the one who approves the Test Case items then you could filter by "Modified By".

Depending on the Test Case Item type you could use Workflow to lock the test case itself depending on the pick-list Status but, I do not see a way to trigger a lock down of the related Test Runs using Test Case Status.

It is possible to create a new Test Plan, then apply this filter to be the Test Cases in this Test plan. This would make a whole test plan with only the "Approved" Status Test Cases. I tested this out in my instance, the only thing is: you would have to manually update the Test plan every time there was a new "Approval". The filters do not appear to be dynamic in the Test Center.

Hope this gives you some options or generates some ideas!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software