Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Manage Sprints within a release

• 1.  Manage Sprints within a release

Posted 4 days ago
    We are doing some agile-ish projects and would like to manage stories to sprints, with sprints aligned to releases. How are others managing sprints in Jama? I have not found a container or item type for Sprint and would prefer not to create something custom if an out of the box solution is available.

------------------------------
    Brian Moran

• 2.  RE: Manage Sprints within a release

Posted 4 days ago
    Brian:

We recommend a Jama Jira integration for managing requirements to stories to sprints. See these resources:

Q&A: Integrating Jama Software with Jira for Better Product Development

How Combining Jama and Jira Improves Your Development Process

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Manage Sprints within a release

Posted 3 days ago
    The goal is to leave Jira. There is no need for Jira if we are using Jama. Just duplicated documentation using both systems. Jira is a completely garbage application.

Thanks,
    Brian

Sent from my iPhone

• 4.  RE: Manage Sprints within a release

Posted 2 days ago
    Hi Brian:

I think what would help here is if you could describe your ideal workflow for your developer projects. You mention that they are "agile-ish", in what way? Perhaps you do not require all that Jira would offer and so using both wouldnt be beneficial to you?

I found this article from one of our best consultants called: Move Away from Big Releases to become truly Epic. Giving a top level description on how to set your workflow to utilize our Epic item types. This article still assumes integrating with another dev tool but, it all depends on what workflow you are really needing here. Here is another link to the Releases functionality in our User Guide. Take a look, I think it could be worth exploring further.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR