Support

Expand all | Collapse all

How to break synch in bulk

• 1.  How to break synch in bulk

Posted 05-24-2017 07:44
    Hi,
    Our team reused lots of items in project with synchronization but they realized that it was not correct. How is possible to break synchronization in bulk.

Thank you for any idea

------------------------------
    Vlada

• 2.  RE: How to break synch in bulk

Posted 05-24-2017 13:35
    Vlada,
    It looks like all you need to do is right click on the project with the items you want to break sync with and click on view synced items. Select the items you want to break sync with and click the "Break Sync" option in the top right corner. I hope this solves your issue.

To break sync, right click on the project in the explorer tree and select View Synced Items. Select Items > Break Sync.

Dana Medhaug
    Business Support Engineer
    Jama

• 3.  RE: How to break synch in bulk

Posted 05-25-2017 01:23
    Edited by Vladimir LastName 05-25-2017 01:23
    Thank you Dana.
    You pointed me to the right place.I did not know that it is in the project context menu.
    Vlada

• 4.  RE: How to break synch in bulk

Posted 02-01-2019 12:14
    I know I'm a bit late, but I'd like to add a caution here -- Because "sync" is tracked via a shared global ID, removing a sync will cause the item the sync is removed from to get a newly-generated global ID. This counts as an item change in Jama.

...which defaults to spawning change notification emails.

Imagine the horror of a user who subscribes for notification to a 10,000 item set (a particularly large feature, in our case), receiving literally thousands of emails when the Jama admin bulk-cleans-up unintended synchronizations on the set.

Ryan Dill