Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Review Center questions

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Review Center questions

Posted 03-15-2017 00:49
    Hi All,

I am working on the review center in Jama. I have couple of questions with respect to this. Any information provided will be really helpful.

Reviews and approvals
    :  User stories need to be reviewed twice as per client’s process – once to approve definition of the user story and again to approve its implementation.  Will Jama allows multiple reviews and approvals of the same item. I believe this can be done with revision but would like to confirm/alternative method of implementing this.

Automatic approval of upstream item if all downstream items have been approved: Is it possible to configure workflows in this manner in Jama.  For example, a user story is automatically moved to “Approved” once all acceptance criteria( Considering acceptance criteria is downstream for user story) related to it have been approved.

Thanks,
    Vijay

------------------------------
    Vijay

• 2.  RE: Review Center questions
    Best Answer

Posted 03-15-2017 13:14
    Hi Vijay,

I can answer these questions from a "how it should work" perspective, but I hope another customer chimes in with some practical workarounds/experience.

Reviews and approvals: yes, Jama allows items to be included in more than one review. So you could use multiple revisions to manage your item approvals, or you could create a new review with the same items. It just depends what sort of historical record you need to keep for your approvals.

Automatic approval of upstream item if all downstream items have been approved: there isn't a way to do this; workflow transitions works only on one item type—you cannot set it to work conditionally. (I wish. That would be awesome.)

Kristina King
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Review Center questions

Posted 03-16-2017 23:58
    Hi Kristina,

Thanks for the update on the two items. I will discuss the same with my team here and let you know if any assistance is required regarding the same.

Thanks,
    Vijay

M LastName