Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Import Error after Excel Export

• 1.  Import Error after Excel Export

Posted 04-09-2019 13:36
    Hello,

We are exporting documents from JAMA trough the "Export to Excel" option and have successfully imported many afterwards with the exception of one book. We have retry it more than once but can not figured out what the problem is.

Need some advice - attached the file in question and the error that is displayed.

Thanks,

Lilliana

------------------------------
    Lilliana Feliciano
    Siemens
    Minnetonka MN

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Import Error after Excel Export

Posted 04-10-2019 09:51
    Hi Lillianna:

I would guess that at least one of your rows contain values that are not compatible with the field you are mapping to. I wonder if there is anything added in this book, which wasn't in the others?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Import Error after Excel Export

Posted 04-11-2019 14:14

Chloe,

I don't understand what you mean by: that at least one of your rows contain values that are not compatible with the field you are mapping to, when all we are doing is exporting an existing TB from JAMA and the importing it back.

Regardless, we have narrowed down the problem to one step from the file that it was provided: Test Step #13 of test case "U.4.03 U.03 AGC_003  – Secondary Control (FRR – Frequency Restoration Services). It is the expected result of this test step that causes the problem. 

On the other hand, when we enter the test step text manually into JAMA (e.g. copy/paste from excel into JAMA), we do not have this problem. Based on this behavior, we think something is wrong with the export to excel. Can you check that specific step?

Saludos, Regards

Lilliana Feliciano-Agosto

Siemens Industry, Inc.
    RC-US SI DG SW&C EN-GC EMS
    10900 Wayzata Blvd.
    Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA
    Tel.: +1 612 206-7252
    Fax: +1 952 607-2200
    mailto:lilliana.feliciano@siemens.com

SERVICE CANCELLED by NAM RC-US I CSC IT IND S&LOG - PLEASE CONTACT help.scf@siemens.com

• 4.  RE: Import Error after Excel Export

Posted 04-12-2019 16:29
      |   view attached

Hello Lilliana,
    I was having an issue with the file as well until I removed the first 2 rows from the excel file, now it works great. Can you try the attached version of the file please?

Dana Medhaug
    Technical Support Engineer
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

Attachment(s)

xlsx
    test_comm.xlsx   287K 1 version

• 5.  RE: Import Error after Excel Export

Posted 04-12-2019 16:51

Hello Dana,

I have deleted the 2 lines you mentioned and even downloaded the file you attached here and I'm still getting the same error. Not sure why.

Saludos, Regards

Lilliana Feliciano-Agosto

Siemens Industry, Inc.
    RC-US SI DG SW&C EN-GC EMS
    10900 Wayzata Blvd.
    Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA
    Tel.: +1 612 206-7252
    Fax: +1 952 607-2200
    mailto:lilliana.feliciano@siemens.com

SERVICE CANCELLED by NAM RC-US I CSC IT IND S&LOG - PLEASE CONTACT help.scf@siemens.com

• 6.  RE: Import Error after Excel Export

Posted 04-12-2019 19:15
    The formatting of the expected results text of U.4.03 U.03 AGC_003 is different from the others but I am not having troubles with it. I see that you are an NSC for Siemens, maybe we could troubleshoot this better on a support ticket with a screenshare. I would be sure to add the solution here (if we find one) so others could benefit.

Dana Medhaug
    Technical Support Engineer
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 7.  RE: Import Error after Excel Export

Posted 04-12-2019 19:27

We can setup a meeting for troubleshooting. I'm copying here Yuewen Lei as she might be the right person to troubleshoot with depending on the findings. When are you available next week?

Regards, Saludos

Lilliana

• 8.  RE: Import Error after Excel Export

Posted 04-17-2019 10:43

Hello Dana,

Do I need to open a troubleshooting ticket somewhere? I haven't seen a reply from you to troubleshoot on this, so let me know please.

Regards, Saludos

Lilliana