Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring absolutetime stamps in Jama

• 1.  Configuring absolutetime stamps in Jama

Posted 12-15-2016 04:44
    Edited by Anna LastName 12-15-2016 04:45

Hi,

we are currently going through the process of validating Jama against 21CFR11 and I was wondering how others have solved 11.10(e):

Use of secure, computer-generated, time-stamped audit trails to independently record the date and time of operator entries and actions that Record changes shall not obscure previously recorded information. Such audit trail documentation shall be retained for a period at least as long as that required for the subject electronic records and shall be available for agency review and copying.

The problem we see is that Jama displays time stamps in a relative format at some places, especially when an action has been done in the near past.

I would be interested in how others have overcome this or if there is the possibility of configuring this somehow. We have had this issue with Atlassian Jira and found a way to configure the use of absolute timestamps there.

Thank you,

Anna

------------------------------
    Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: Configuring absolutetime stamps in Jama

Posted 12-21-2016 15:04

Hi Anna,

I checked in with some teammates about this one, and we don't have a suggestion for you on this. 

The answer seems to boil down to “in previous versions of Jama, there was no sense of an absolute time, but there is more consistency with Jama 8.x.” In the db some things are stored with a UNIX timestamp and others are date/time, both without a timezone (so they could go server or UI time). However, Jama 8.x appears to at least save everything in UTC.

Kristina King
    Jama Software