Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Folder Descriptions becomee "invisible" by shown Folders Reading View

• 1.  Folder Descriptions becomee "invisible" by shown Folders Reading View

Posted 08-23-2021 06:22
    When creating a Folder with items I am using the folder description to describe the content of the folder or give some hint.
    However, this description beomes kind of "invisible" to the reader.
    When selecting the folder in Explorer to display all items in reading view my description does not become visible.
    You have to select "View details" next to Folder on top of reading view. I suppose nobody is doing that.
    As a solution we can put a text item on top of the items which will be displayed top of reading view and give up using Folder Descriptions.

Is there a way to make the Folder Descriptions more visible within reading view of items?
    Same problem also appears for Components or Set of Requirements.

------------------------------
    Thomas Ellhoff
    Samson AG

• 2.  RE: Folder Descriptions becomee "invisible" by shown Folders Reading View

Posted 08-23-2021 14:45
    Hello Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out. In order to see the folder description, you'd need to select a higher level in the structure that contains the folder.

Selecting the Monitoring folder does not show the folder's fields, just the items within.

By selecting the set above the folder, you see folder Description field.

[Amanda] [Jennewein] She/Her]
    [Manager, Customer Support]
    [Jama Software]
    [Portland] [OR]

• 3.  RE: Folder Descriptions becomee "invisible" by shown Folders Reading View

Posted 08-27-2021 03:01
    Hello Amanda,

thanks a lot for your support.

That is exactly my problem:
    "Selecting the Monitoring folder does not show the folder's fields, just the items within."

The solution to select the above folder is not that much helpful when there are a lot of items/folders before the folder you are interested in.

My wish would be:
    "Selecting the Monitoring folder show the folder's fields and the items within."

Would it become a feature wish?

Thomas Ellhoff
    Samson AG

• 4.  RE: Folder Descriptions becomee "invisible" by shown Folders Reading View

Posted 08-27-2021 08:45

Hello Thomas, 

If you haven't yet visited our Ideation module in the Community, I would encourage you to submit this feedback there! Ideation is a valuable space where we solicit and gather this type of product feedback. You can also use the search functionality to see if your idea has been submitted by another user(s). If it is, then you can vote and comment on the card. If it isn't, please post a new idea card!

Your submissions can be filtered and found multiple ways; category, votes, status, most recently submitted, etc. You can also use the dynamic search bar capability to search the cards for any similar ideas, (hint: getting into the habit of crafting a relevant title will help this function work for everyone) then vote/comment on a similar idea or post a new one! Look around, vote, comment, and post your ideas. We look forward to the discussions ahead.

We are using this space to add more focus to the Feature/Product requests and feedback from our users. Here is a helpful article detailing our Product Ideas Process.

[Amanda] [Jennewein] She/Her]
    [Manager, Customer Support]
    [Jama Software]
    [Portland] [OR]