Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Report base to review

• 1.  Report base to review

Posted 09-26-2018 00:06
    Hi, it's me again :)

This time I approach you with a kind of report need, which is not a report need.

In reports there are reports called Test plan status detail and Test plan status summary. Is there a way I could filter our test plans and make a review with the same parameters as in Test plan status detail and Test plan status summary? This would make reviewing easier for our QA since they want to see information from these reports.
    Yes, we could just run reports, but in our process review might be easier to execute.

Thanks again!

------------------------------
    Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 2.  RE: Report base to review

Posted 09-27-2018 14:43
    Mari:

Good to hear from you again.

Yes, I think would be very possible to play around and make some very clever filters to send the information to the Review Center.

You could also look at using the Import wizard to import the parts of the Test Plan Summary report you want - into a separate item in Jama and then send that to the Review Center.

Look at Import from Microsoft Word.  Note: When you prepare the Word document, to import only the tables you want: use these Document Scope techniques.

The whole Import Items section from the User Guide is helpful.

Here is a great video on Creating & Editing Items outlining the process as well.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Report base to review

Posted 09-27-2018 22:26
    Many thanks for your great help Chloe, again! I would really appreciate a couple spelled out examples of how do I do this. Maybe I should have my own personal "ask stupid questions" -hotline so I wouldn't fill up this forum entirely :D

Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 4.  RE: Report base to review

Posted 10-01-2018 16:20
    Mari:

Certainly, I can outline the Import items process for you. The only stupid questions here, are the ones not asked! lol

Here is the Test Summary Report I downloaded from my sample set. I just downloaded it in Word and am now preparing it to re-import into Jama as its own item. To define the Scope of what you want to import using the Import Wizard, you will want to put these "IMPORTSECTION" around the charts or sections you want the import to recognize. It will ignore the parts not sandwiched by these tags.  I put in a title "Test Plan Summaries Report" and then changed the style to Heading 1. This tells Jama to put this in the name field of the item we will be creating. Not shown here, but I had three different charts to import, I went through and put the "IMPORTSECTION" tags around each of them.

After you pick out which parts of the report you want to import into an item you will need to "Save" your word document and then it's Jama time!

In your Jama instance you are going to go into the Explorer Tree and create an item (needs to be a set) to import this item to. I just did a set of Text items and named it "Summaries". You will want to "right click" on the Set you are importing to and then click "import".

The import wizard will pop up. Upload your "import ready" report. Make sure the destination is correct, and I choose "None" for mapping.

Next page we are scoping this project with the "IMPORTSECTION" tags, check this box, hit next:

Now are going to chose this first option, because we are scoping out the tables as being all in one item. Click next and in the next window, you should see a summary of your new item. Click "Submit".

You will know that your import is successful when you get this message and it tells you the amount of items you have imported. I imported 1 item!

You can now see the item, in the Set we created for it, here is the list view:

Now you should be able to send this part of the report to Review.

So, this is one way you could get the particular parts you need into an item. Try it and let me know if this would work for you.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software

• 5.  RE: Report base to review

Posted 10-01-2018 23:41
    Million thanks for your thorough advice Chloe! I will try this today and get back to you then.

Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 6.  RE: Report base to review

Posted 10-02-2018 00:37
    Ok, so I followed your instructions and was able to make items. Yippee! But the thing i don't get: If I have for example a Test plan summary and I want to send the whole report (maybe not the title page though) to review, how do I scope it? Do I have to scope every table by themselves? Obviously it doesn't help to just write IMPORTSECTION to the beginning and to the end...

Mari Leipola
    Project assistant
    Finland

• 7.  RE: Report base to review

Posted 10-02-2018 09:54
    Mari:

You will want to put the IMPORTSECTION tag around everything you want to include in your import. You don't need to use this if you want to just want to import the whole report into Jama. These tags help to target exact sections you want to import while ignoring the unwanted parts.

Everything you want should be sandwiched between two "IMPORTSECTION" tags like this:

IMPORTSECTION

section, text, table I want.....

IMPORTSECTION

stuff stuff stuff that I dont want
    dont want any of this stuff
    no no no no no

IMPORTSECTION

another table I want, I want all this stuff.

IMPORTSECTION

All the stuff you don't want should be outside the tags.

Mari, let me know if this explains it better!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software