Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Date field issue

• 1.  Date field issue

Posted 19 days ago
    ​Dear Jama team,

I noticed an issue with the datefield that behave incorectly:

- When a date with a day greater that 30 is selected when editing the item in a Jama center panel, the date entered is inconsistent or not taken in account.

- When I use the edit button that opens the item in a new windows, the date can be entered and saved correctly.

I guess there is a difference between the 2 views how Jama is handle the date. For information I use the DD/MM/YYY on my computer.

Do you have a way to fix this issue?

Thanks
    Best regards.

------------------------------
    Fabrice

• 2.  RE: Date field issue

Posted 18 days ago
    Fabrice:

Hello, I have a few questions. Could you please elaborate on which view you are editing in? I think you are talking about editing in the List View or perhaps the Single Item View but, I could use some more clarification. Would there be a way for you to attach some screenshots to point me in the right direction? Also, I am curious as to which date/time field you are referring to: is it Created Date, Modified Date, Last Activity Date or just one of the generic "date" fields?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Date field issue

Posted 17 days ago
    Hello Cloe,

I will add some screenshots to detail the issue on a generic date field for a customized item, not created date neither modified date.
    ​The version I'm using is Build date: 2018/11/02 09:55 - Version: Jama Connect 8.32.0

In the single item view, opened when I click on the pencil to edit a date field and select a date. The date is correctly displayed on the field for example 28/12/2018. But when you leave the field, the date is not reccord(for day >12) or incorrectly reccord (forday <=12). It seems that the day and month are swapped.

In the editing window, opened when I click edit buttom from the list view or single view item. The date is correctly display and set from the datepicker.

For information, I also noticed that when their is also the same kind of issue with the richtext steps that appear with formatted with the richtext toolbar when editing in single view item and is only a textbox when editing in the sperated window:

single item view, steps is a richtext field

editing window, steps is not a richtext field

Thank you.
    Best regards

Fabrice

• 4.  RE: Date field issue

Posted 8 days ago
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 8 days ago
    Fabrice:

Thank you for your patience, yes this is a known issue with the EU time/date: when you do an inline edit the wrong date is saved. The workaround is what you have already figured out: use the edit button instead. For your reference, the defect key is: SOS-DEF-765, this post and your org is related to this defect. You can check the Release notes for this key to see when it gets fixed.

As for the rich text issue with editing the Test Step, in the first picture you are editing the Template of the Test Case, so this is allowing you to use the Rich Text editor to configure how you want the test steps to look like to the testers. 
    Here you are editing the Test Case, not the Test Case Template so it allows a different level of editing.

I hope this helps!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR