Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Velocity report - how to get info "inside change requests" of an item

• 1.  Velocity report - how to get info "inside change requests" of an item

Posted 28 days ago
    Hi,

I'm looking for a function to return the information under "inside change requests" widget of an item - in which change request, the selected item is listed as item to be changed.
    I have not found any functions under DataSource as well as from ContourItem or Document.
    Do i miss something here? Your help is greatly appreciated!

------------------------------
    Lien Bäcker
    Gira, Giersiepen GmbH & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: Velocity report - how to get info "inside change requests" of an item

Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Lien,

Thank you for reaching out! It sounds like you may want all the associated items. If so, you could create relationships and then the items would be easy to pull out. Also, I would like to point to a similar topic thread, REST Endpoint Change Request, in which we recommended utilizing REST API to make these connections.

You may have already read this, but I am sharing a helpful article from our User Guide which covers adding change requests and associate items: Add A Change Request and Associate Items

I hope this helps! Please reach out with any questions.

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Velocity report - how to get info "inside change requests" of an item

Posted 24 days ago

Hi Dacoteau,

we have all the ways until now consistently utilize the feature "associate item" which you have mentioned in user Guide.

The challenge I have here is to write a velocity report on a list of requirements to get the information how many requirements in this list were associated with change requests.

We do not use the relationship for the association between Change requests and items to be changed. We use only "associate item" for this.

Is there any functions in Jama Velocity to get this association between Change request and items to be changed?

Thanks

Lien

• 4.  RE: Velocity report - how to get info "inside change requests" of an item

Posted 17 days ago
    Hi Lien,

Thank you for your patience! There isn't function/feature to get gather this information. 

If you would like to suggest this feature, we would like to invite you to visit our Ideation module in the Community! This is a valuable space where we will be soliciting and gathering product feedback. You can go here, and use the search functionality to see if your idea is already in there. If it is, then you can vote and comment on the card. If there isn't, please post a new idea card!

We are using this space to add more focus to the Feature/Product requests and feedback from our users. Here is a helpful article detailing our Product Ideas Process.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR