Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Move Individual Item (Defect) between projects

• 1.  Move Individual Item (Defect) between projects

Posted 16 days ago
    Hello,
    We have many scenarios whereupon investigating the cause of a defect we realize it is related to a different product. In this case, we need to move the defect to a different project. From the Jama user guide the steps required to move between projects appear to not be very elegant, specifically:
    • You can only move components and sets between projects. If you're trying to move a folder of items or individual items from a component or set, you must first create a new component/set and move those items to the new component/set.
    • If any moved item is associated with an integration sync, integrations such as the JIH can't be running while a move is being performed.
    I am curious if there is a more elegant solution. Having to create a new set, move the requirement to that set, and then move to another project appears to be cumbersome, no? Anyone else handle this in a different way? Any guidance on what to do with the synced items?

Regards

------------------------------
    Jason Barton
    VMS
    Palo Alto CA

• 2.  RE: Move Individual Item (Defect) between projects

Posted 6 days ago
    Edited by Decoteau Wilkerson 6 days ago
    Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out. To confirm, the solution you have raised does require that you move a container, too, not just an item.

Alternatively, you could Reuse the defect item into the other project and then just delete the other item. 
    If you'd like to see another solution for this, I would like to invite you to visit our Ideation module in the Community! This is a valuable space where we will be soliciting and gathering product feedback. You can go here, and use the search functionality to see if your idea is already in there. If it is, then you can vote and comment on the card. If there isn't, please post a new idea card!

Please reach out with any questions.

Best, 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Move Individual Item (Defect) between projects

Posted 6 days ago
    Edited by Decoteau Wilkerson 6 days ago

Decoteau

Is there a way to use the duplicate feature to have the item created in another project? I only see that it creates a duplicate in the same project. If I do this this I am still at the same problem, no? I need to either move or reuse the duplicate to get it into another project, correct? Or am I missing a step.

Thank you

Jason

• 4.  RE: Move Individual Item (Defect) between projects

Posted 6 days ago

Hi Jason,

Thank you for clarifying! I apologize for the confusion. Yes, the duplicate feature is only for in-project.

In this case, I would suggest reusing the item into the other project.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Best, 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR