General Questions for Office Export Template Word

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  General Questions for Office Export Template Word

Posted 03-21-2017 06:11
    Edited by D 03-21-2017 06:11
    Hey there,

i have a few questions about the Building of a Custom Office Template:

In the your Help you can find this Tip:
    "TableStart:HEADING and TableEnd: HEADING - This will control the Word heading style for each item. For item types that require different item header styles, it is possible to make a different style for each item."
    But how is that even possible to use other Font's or in my Special Problem: How to use other Headings (e.g. "1. Top Level Heading" ; "1.1 Second Level Heading"; "1.1.1 Third Level Heading")

But let me start from the beginning
    I wanted to Change the Heading of one item e.g. "Folders" in the Office Template. For that i Changed the "Mergefield" of <<Name>> into the correct Heading-Format (here it ist "Übschrift 1" or "Heading 1" in english).
    Now ouccures the failure in Word that i never used this Style in any other part of the Document. I used that Template to Create a Report - after creation i Need to put a "Dummy-Text" into it an Change the Format of that to my "Heading 1"-Style => now every Item have the right Style.

To Change styles or Headings correctly how i Need to use the "DefaultWordTemplate" ?

Next Question: Jama Creats a Hierachie for Export. Is it Possible to Change the Jama given Heading (I believe not, because I readed it in some Help :D)?xKrilIlQQ161pcD72RGA_Unbenannt1.PNG
    If I export my Report with the Template, I want to have some other Structur that Jama is given.
    In the following Picture you will see the normal way Jama creates a Hierachy-Level and Headings for the Export. But I want to change it more individual (or something similar) is that even possible with the use of the Export Template ? See for my wish following:

1 Component Example
    1.1 Stakeholder Req

2. General
    Example 1
    Example 2
    2.1 General Deep
    Example 111
    Example 112

Thanks a lot !!! And have a nice day ;)

• 2.  RE: General Questions for Office Export Template Word
    Best Answer

Posted 03-21-2017 10:28
    Hi D,

For your first issue, you would specify heading styles in Word and then select those heading styles in the Jama RTE (paragraph format can be chosen for Heading 1-6). See this discussion post for an example. You will want to make this change to your boilerplate and any other custom templates you use for exports.

It would also be helpful to know what version of Jama you are using. Between versions 2014.1 (spring 2014) and 8.7 (fall 2016), there was a bug that caused description fonts to not export correctly (SOS-DEF-480), so if you are on one of those versions, you may be running into this issue, in which case it would be a blocker.

Regarding hierarchy, your assumption that it cannot be changed is correct. Word is going to export based what you see in the view. Have you seen our Word Template Easy Start Guide? It provides some examples of common issues. If you really need to customize hierarchical output, you will want to consider Velocity or BIRT reports.

If you have about 25 minutes, I recommend watching the How to Get Information In and Out Ask Jama session. If you don't have the time for that, there are some video highlights regarding the use of Office templates.

------------------------------
    Kristina King
    Jama Software
    ------------------------------