Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Updating Jama License

• 1.  Updating Jama License

Posted 10-27-2017 20:14
    Hello,

Our Jama license is expiring in 2 weeks, however when I go into the Admin -> License area I do not see any "Update License" button.  I also tried logging in as root user and also do not see the button to update the license.
    Does the license need to expire first (i.e. past the expiration date) before the button shows up?

Thanks,

------------------------------
    victor

• 2.  RE: Updating Jama License

Posted 10-31-2017 14:26

Hello,

What is the version of Jama you are currently using? Are you hosted or on-prem? If your instance of Jama is 8.x + and you are on-prem, please follow the  instructions below to update the Jama license.

Complete the following steps to update your license when you receive a new .rli file.
    1. Receive the new .rli license file from Jama.
    2. Identify where to place the new license on the server. Navigate to the Admin Console. Under Settings (the gear icon) select Console Settings.
    3. Update the name of the .rli file in the License File field if the name differs from the original. Avoid using spaces in the filename.
    4. Save the settings.
    5. Restart the Jama application for the new license to take effect. Navigate to the Dashboard. Select Stop, then Start, to restart Jama. This should be scheduled within a maintenance window.

Rosemary Joe
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Updating Jama License

Posted 12-19-2018 11:27
    Hi,

I have received new licenses in .txt extension and need help to update it. Any info on how to  update the license on Jama 8 ?

Sunij Sukhatri
    Verisign Naming Services

• 4.  RE: Updating Jama License

Posted 12-19-2018 12:11

I see this in the e-mail

Your subscription is active through December 20, 2019 and provided below are required instructions for your Technical Administrator to perform in order to retrieve the license updates.

NEXT STEPS

1. Customer Action Required:  Please be sure to update your Jama license by following these steps:
    2. Copy all of the text in the attached txt file.
    3. Log into Jama as an administrator and switch to the 'Administration' view.
    4. Navigate to the License tab.
     Little confused on Step3,  i log to Jama as root but how to switch to Administrator?

Sunij Sukhatri
    Verisign Naming Services

• 5.  RE: Updating Jama License

Posted 12-19-2018 13:28
    Sanji:

If we are sending you a txt file, we may have in our records that the Jama Instance you are attempting to upgrade/renew is not Jama 8. Sounds like you are Airgapped and need to apply the file directly? If this is so, I would create a Support ticket to contact us with what your Jama version is, if it is currently Jama 8 then we will need to furnish you with the appropriate .rli file. You can find your version of Jama by logging out and then looking at the fine print under the password login panel.
    Once you do that, here is an article in the Community outlining how to upgrade/renew your license:

Licenses: How to Renew and Upgrade

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 6.  RE: Updating Jama License

Posted 12-19-2018 13:34

Hi Chloe,

We are running JAMA 8 and you can see form the image here:

Our license are expiring tomorrow and if you can look into it would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

• 7.  RE: Updating Jama License

Posted 12-19-2018 13:35

Hi Chloe,

I am sorry, we already working with Giselle on this.

Thanks,

Sunij

• 8.  RE: Updating Jama License

Posted 12-19-2018 14:26
    Sunij:

Great, you are in good hands!

Take care,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR